"Function not implemented" on only one of several networked PCs
Hi. I recently picked up two Android boxes with XBMC on them. One for me and one for a friend. Mine works perfectly and it can see and access every device on my network. I have shared folders on one pc that it streams from with no problem. However, we are hitting a roadblock with my friend's. His network is setup pretty much the same as mine, and I have gone through each line of his network advanced settings, making sure it's identical to the pc of mine that I stream from. The goofy thing is, it can find and access every computer/device on his network except for the one he needs it to. He can see it on the network, but if he tries to access it, he gets the "Function not implemented" error. We've spent hours on this, and I've tried everything I can think of, with no luck. I've read most of the guides/faqs. The only thing that jumps out at me is that he is part of a homegroup. However, he has a different computer that is part of the same homegroup, and he can stream from that one with no problems. I should also mention that he has a Popcorn Hour and a couple of WDTV Live's, and they all stream from the problem pc with no problems. I tried removing him from the homegroup, and it won't let me. I just get an error that Windows failed to remove him.

I had him generate a log and send me the link.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60225

The problem pc is named DONHEALY-PC and his workgroup is WORKGROUP.

Interesting lines (I think)...

Line 623
23:52:17 T:1746160552 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://DONHEALY-PC'
unix_err:'26' error : 'Function not implemented'

Line 635
23:52:20 T:1729582576 ERROR: - Error getting smb://DONHEALY-PC/
23:52:20 T:1729582576 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://DONHEALY-PC/) failed
23:52:20 T:1729582576 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://WORKGROUP/)
23:52:20 T:1729582576 DEBUG: ParentPath = [smb://]
23:52:20 T:1747194000 DEBUG: - Using authentication url smb://WORKGROUP

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of things to try.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Function not implemented" on only one of several networked PCs0