discarding useragents
You are using some useragent blocker which aint up to date and therefor sends 403Confused around like crazy. For example the users of the latest firefox for android are shown some stupid bit about being the victims of viruses just because their user agent says they are using v25 instead of 24.

Possible fixes:

1. keep it updated. this goes beyond just pressing just pressing the update button on whatever forum software you are using. You probably have to maintain the shit yourself.
2. Remove the check.
3. Change the text to something like: " Sorry but you are using an unapproved browser, try downloading ie6 from microsoft. ".

Seriously?

You are actually fucking trying to go back to the good old days of 'this page is optimized for [insert browser here]'?
I believe the only checks that are done are for javascript, and I don't believe any of the checks will return 403. At least, I doubt it's intentional. Maybe it's related to the tapatalk crap. *shrug*
(2013-09-26, 22:08)xbmv Wrote: You are using some useragent blocker which aint up to date and therefor sends 403Confused around like crazy. For example the users of the latest firefox for android are shown some stupid bit about being the victims of viruses just because their user agent says they are using v25 instead of 24.

Possible fixes:

1. keep it updated. this goes beyond just pressing just pressing the update button on whatever forum software you are using. You probably have to maintain the shit yourself.
2. Remove the check.
3. Change the text to something like: " Sorry but you are using an unapproved browser, try downloading ie6 from microsoft. ".

Seriously?

You are actually fucking trying to go back to the good old days of 'this page is optimized for [insert browser here]'?

1 wth are talking about? I don't have any of that what you are claiming. I have Firefox on android and it works just fine.
2. If it's to block users who can't even watch their use of language, absolutely.
3. Very original user name, NOT.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
must be one of the spam protection addons that blocks you
(2013-09-26, 22:46)Ned Scott Wrote: I believe the only checks that are done are for javascript, and I don't believe any of the checks will return 403. At least, I doubt it's intentional. Maybe it's related to the tapatalk crap. *shrug*

I just reported checks for useragent strings. And it claims to return a 403 and a scary text about viruses.

All three of these are bad.

(2013-09-26, 22:51)Martijn Wrote: 1 wth are talking about? I don't have any of that what you are claiming. I have Firefox on android and it works just fine.
2. If it's to block users who can't even watch their use of language, absolutely.
3. Very original user name, NOT.

1. Nice for you. If you go to ifconfig.me/ua, is it reporting "Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:25.0) Gecko/25.0 Firefox/25.0" or "Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:24.0) Gecko/24.0 Firefox/24.0" ? 25 is the latest available at the play store.
2. WTH!
3. Thanks, it had to unique. Glad to be of service!

(2013-09-26, 23:41)da-anda Wrote: must be one of the spam protection addons that blocks you

Of course it is.

But if it is whitelisting browsers, you have to keep it ahead of the browsers people use.

If you are shutting people of because they use browsers you don't like, you shouldn't scare them about viruses.

It is really easy to check too! Just change your useragent (as I said: it is easy to test at, for example, http://ifconfig.me/ua ) and head over to the forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
discarding useragents0