Bug New Season posters not being scraped?
Well, for "over thinking it" I mean about user interaction. I agree, it should either be really simple or seamless and transparent to the end user.

If the scraper could return info on what season is "in progress" then XBMC could perhaps have a default setting to rescrape any TV episode entry that contained changes while that season (but only that season) is in progress (unless local NFO files are detected, of course). This would fix the problem of missing summaries for shows that just aired (and sometimes thumbs as well). It would probably be a safe default. The currently active season would just be a way to mark off which episodes to rescan, even if they already have entries, so as to not rescan the entire library every time.
(2013-10-01, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote: If the scraper could return info on what season is "in progress" then XBMC could perhaps have a default setting to rescrape any TV episode entry that contained changes while that season (but only that season) is in progress (unless local NFO files are detected, of course).

Is this likely to be a problem if the user is adding a series that has long since finished (ie. Fringe) but is, for whatever reason, drip feeding episodes into their library? The test in post #2 being an example of this scenario (perhaps unrealistic, but possible). None of the seasons would be "in progress".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That's why we'd need something from the scraper to say "in progress", rather than only having 5 out of 24 shows of a season that has long since finished.
I'll take your word for it, the need to know that a show is "in progress" (or not) doesn't seem particularly relevant but that might just be my overly simplistic way of looking at things. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If it didn't know the in-progress episodes/season then it would have no way to automatically identify which episodes to totally refresh or not. Unless the user specifically marked them that way using some other non-automatic method.
Can't it just work out what it doesn't have? So a new episode (for a new season) is detected - the library doesn't already have this season information (or artwork) so that needs to be scraped in too, along with the episode information.
For new season art, yes. My tangent was about filling in missing data on individual episodes.
Funny thing is, I think till Eden new seasons were scraped properly. I mean all shows I used to add back then, I don't remember having this issue.
Yes exactly... In eden there was no problem when i added a new season. I started noticing it with 12.2!?
I just tried this 'work-around' and the only way the new season art came up (for Big Bang Theory in my test) was if it re-scraped everything and I had to go back and change all the artwork for every season, banner and fanart. Not very user friendly at all. Walking Dead season 4 artwork came up without issue but everything else I've been doing (BBT, Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy etc) are all missing the most recent season poster. Ugh.
There's a potential fix for this in the works (PR:3546) but it needs input from scraper developers, whoever they may be. Hopefully it can land sooner than later.
Not soon enough, clearly all scraper devs are busy with real life or something. Last time scudlee was around was too long ago.

The fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3546 works btw I pulled and tested that at alpha11 for a week or so the stopped. Made a comment on github to my finding to help out with some valid feedback.
Yes, I've just tested it too and it works fine - I originally thought it required additional changes from scraper developers so held off testing but now I see that it does in fact solve the problem raised in this thread without any additional involvement. Any reason why it can't be merged - the patch needs updating, but apart from that?
The PR involves other changes that may require scraper changes, but for this part and another bug - I dont see why its not separated into other commits and merged... Only the jmarshall can answer that, maybe get his attention since I dint have much luck.
(2014-01-15, 21:56)uNiversal Wrote: The PR involves other changes that may require scraper changes, but for this part and another bug - I dont see why its not separated into other commits and merged... Only the jmarshall can answer that, maybe get his attention since I dint have much luck.

Based on his comment in this PR it appears he is on holiday until the 22nd so we may have to wait another week or so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Season posters not being scraped?0