Bug New Season posters not being scraped?
no
Still no fix for this and now jmarshall fix will definitely wont go in.

have you tried cherry picking the PR that fixes the issue ontop of master? Will it be worth backporting that single commit/fix?
(2014-10-30, 18:13)uNiversal Wrote: Still no fix for this and now jmarshall fix will definitely wont go in.

have you tried cherry picking the PR that fixes the issue ontop of master? Will it be worth backporting that single commit/fix?

Who, me? Smile

Popcornmix already includes PR3546 in his newclock4 branch for Raspberry Pi so my OpenELEC builds, Miappas Raspbmc builds and OpenELEC Helix R-Pi nightly builds have all been using this code for quite some time without any problems.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ya but not Linux and other platforms..

I can backport his fixes to master but I dont know c++ to change anything. Is there a chance you can ping someone to see if they can merge it into master?
Will see if anyone wants to listen to me tomorrow Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Big Grin
Any update on this?
Nope.
Thats a pity. I use sickbeard and add new shows months in advance of them starting, meaning they wont have any coverart. So kodi scans in the shows and by the time fhe first episode starts, the show still has no coverart since it was scanned in months ago.
(2015-02-15, 16:31)kaiseruk Wrote: Thats a pity. I use sickbeard and add new shows months in advance of them starting, meaning they wont have any coverart. So kodi scans in the shows and by the time fhe first episode starts, the show still has no coverart since it was scanned in months ago.

+1 same here. this is probably the issue that annoys me the most in my current setup :( hopefully it can be fixed soon. at the moment I have to manually download the season thumbnails from theTVDB..
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
WORKAROUND

(2013-09-30, 19:41)uNiversal Wrote: Bring up/select tv show information whatever show you wish to update, when information menu is up, click refresh, when asked by xbmc "Do you wish to refresh information for all episodes" or similar say no, then follow prompts to select show from the list given (if any), select correct show let it update, done.

What that does is scrape latest season folders and whatever information already has not already been scraped.

So The question xbmc asks "do you wish to refresh information for all episodes" when told no it only does update what doesn't already contain information, including any new season posters.

This must be done however individually per show which contains new seasons.

And yes it works flawlessly.
(2015-02-16, 09:48)uNiversal Wrote: WORKAROUND

(2013-09-30, 19:41)uNiversal Wrote: Bring up/select tv show information whatever show you wish to update, when information menu is up, click refresh, when asked by xbmc "Do you wish to refresh information for all episodes" or similar say no, then follow prompts to select show from the list given (if any), select correct show let it update, done.

What that does is scrape latest season folders and whatever information already has not already been scraped.

So The question xbmc asks "do you wish to refresh information for all episodes" when told no it only does update what doesn't already contain information, including any new season posters.

This must be done however individually per show which contains new seasons.

And yes it works flawlessly.
well thanks for the heads up. gonna try this at home tonight.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
I'm trying to wake this up again on github

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3546

we have a fix which is working and validated by many users on various builds, so if Milhouse can re-base and do a season fix PR maybe we get this fix included into 14.2
Its been 1.5 years.....
Im testing https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6580

Well the issue I can duplicate, which @jmarshallnz PR also fixed is due to remote art, not just local.

Ill test this cause it breaks the workaround that resolved that. But cannot test against local art as I have none to test against, never had.

I sure hope we dont have to wait another year for both issues fix but will put up with it as long as workaround remains intact for remote art. Soon as compile is done will provide feedback.

Edit remote art issue is fixed by the scraper updates everyone seems to be avoiding for some reason and PR is dropped on that PR above.
Sure. But fixing one at a time is way easier. I´d like to get local and remote (previously scraped and already known) artwork to show up first. Then handle the scraper modifications that will allow us to actually update.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Season posters not being scraped?0