Android ATV Media Player - Questions
Hello everyone, new user around,

1st of all, great work guys! Tons of features and an implementation which is nearly perfect!

I have used Plex in the past, but their limited options and most importantly, their lack of support, put me in the direction of XBMC.

Some questions about it:

I have it working, on an Android TV Media Player (specifically to this!

I have downloaded your latest stable version, put the SNB folders that i have them in my pc, so i can select that that folder contain all movies, the other one all tv-series, etc etc.

1. I set the categories and their directories through Video files, is there a way i can have in the menu on home page, besides Movies & Tv-Series, also Comics and Documentaries? I assume i can do that with Favorites, but i am referring more to the basic menu on home page.

2. With the release of Gotham Version, i will be able to have a way to run lets say android apps like Yatse in my tablet, and be able to stream content through the XBMC i will have on my android tv media player?

3. I saw you have an add-on called Pimaxplus web interface. That means, i can have a similar functionality like Plex Web, where i can get in and make new folders from distance, download new content from torrents straight to my media player, etc?

That's all, ty in advance!
Any possible reply on this?
1. See Custom home items (wiki). Basically, find a nice skin that supports custom buttons, and it's pretty easy. XBMC will also be gaining built-in support for custom home items in the future.

2. I haven't really used Yatse, but from what I understand, yes, that should work.

3. I don't think Pimaxplus or other XBMC add-ons directly do this, but you can remotely access an Android set top box using various programs found on the Google Play store, so what you're asking about should be possible.
Thnx Ned, appreciate it really. Take care!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV Media Player - Questions0