BugZilla for bugs and features?
i suggest that the xbmc team installs and starts using bugzilla for bugs, features, management, control and quality assurance. the tool is quite easy to set up on a linux box. and i see that this forum runs perl, same on bugzilla, and i guess that the forum has a mysql db. i know that you are today using forums, sf, textfiles. my suggestion is to keep all bug-reports/feature suggestions in bugzilla and keep the forum, for support, development and all other tasks, exept for bug-reports/feature suggestions.

i could assist in the setup.

in that way all people could search for bugs, report bugs in an orderd fasion. it would be very easy to add releases (that need to be coordinated better on this project), dependancys between bugs.

read more on www.bugzilla.org

/niclas
what about sourceforge?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
no offence but keeping all things on sourceforge is a pain in the ass

why?

- its down very often
- its not developer/user friendly
- webbased apps are sloooowww

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
the bug tracking and freature request stuff on sourceforget seems particularly cumbersome, even for them. Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i totally agree with frodo on the sf issues. i do not know if the core team would be intrested in a bugzilla soulution? but imho, bugzilla greatly helps in coordinating and manage bugs - feature requests.

if the core team decides to go with a bugzilla solution i could assist with my knowledge, and time.

regards /niclas
i think this sounds interesting.

i might add that bugzilla is not necessarily overkill, although it is a big step from sourceforge.

another simpler (perhaps) alternative, is to use an internal forum similar to the xbmc forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BugZilla for bugs and features?0