Changing EPG
I posted this in the pvr section on another thread posted their hopeing to get some answers, so far I have none so I thought I would post here also.

Ok, so I decided to modify a mod of Aeon nox epg skin myself as their is none available similar to what im looking for. (this is modified from one a found a while ago on these forums somewhere, though I forget where)

Heres what I have so far

A few things I need help with as im new to skinning. I shall probably post this in Aeon nox's part of the forum aswell.

1, I want to add channel groups similar to the sky image I posted earlier inc a radio group, im hoping someone can help me with this or point me towards some info on how to do this.

2, I want to disable the first Tv channels option in the Aeon nox skin (also the radio tab if I can get groups working), I don't think its needed now.

3, I want to remove the menu that pops up when you select a channel using the epg guide. - DONE

4, When you select a channel I want it to play in the pip screen I now have on the epg screen. (the same as it does on the tv channels view). I have the option checked in settings to play in small screen first but it still goes straight to full screen when you select the channel from the epg menu.

I shall try and fathom these myself but any help would be greatly appreciated. Once finished I shall release this small mod
That looks fantastic!! Exactly what I am looking for. Hopefully you can get everything worked out and release because this would make the wife (and in turn me) VERY happy! Best of luck and keep up the great work!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I would love channel groups. I don't think any skin uses them which makes me think they are not possible. Here is a discussion I started about implementing them into another skin which may help you
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148265&page=22
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
looks excellent and frankly was ( Live TV & EPG) the weakest point in Nox
I want this so bad for Nox, it looks really nice
I can upload the file as it is if people like? Though im having trouble finding out how to do the other bits i wanted.

It seems no one at present has managed to get group selection working on the epg screen and i also read the radio channels can only be displayed in an epg if they are actually playing, so this is something else i need to look into.

I still havnt found out how to make the program play in the small window first before switching to full screen. So the small pip will only show whats being played after a channel has been selected and you go back to the epg screen. You will also benefit from turning off current program being played as a background in the settings. (I cant remember the exact setting and im not at home atm).
(2013-09-29, 20:58)produno Wrote: I can upload the file as it is if people like?

It would certainly make me very happy!! (Even if it is only half done) Smile
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Looks great, will be keeping an eye on this Smile
For anyone interested (and just so I don't forget and have everything in one place). To change the Live TV selector on the main menu to go straight to the epg rather than tv channels do this -

In Includes_Mainmenu.xml find this

Code:
<include name="TVMainMenu">
        <item id="7">
            <label fallback="31017">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>SetProperty($INFO[Window(home).Property(MenuName)],LiveTVHomeItem,home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetFocus(9006)</onclick>
            <property name="Widget">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Widget)]</property>
            <property name="Widget2">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Widget2)]</property>
            <property name="WidgetTitle">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.WidgetTitle)]</property>
            <property name="Widget2Title">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Widget2Title)]</property>
            <property name="DisableIcon">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Disable)]</property>
            <property name="BigIcon" fallback="special://skin/extras/BigIcons/Monitor.png">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Icon)]</property>
            <icon fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/livetv/">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.MultiFanart)]</icon>
            <property name="InfoLine">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.InfoLine)]</property>
            <property name="SubMenu">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.SubMenu)]</property>
            <property name="Type" fallback="custom">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Type)]</property>
            <property name="Path" fallback="ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 32,0, 11,0)">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Path)]</property>

And change the last bit from ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 32,0, 11,0) TO ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 31,0, 10,0)

To remove the box that pops up when selecting a channel in your epg add this to advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<pvr>
         <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

Though please remember all this is done at your own risk and myself or anyone else cant be held responsible if something goes wrong. Always make backups when changing things in your xml files.

I shall upload my epg screen hopefully later today.
Thanks for the info, just tried these two mods and the advanced settings one works fine but the other one to go straight to epg doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm changing the wrong thing? Im using the git aeon nox and going to appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/aeon-nox-master/1080i/includes_mainmenu.xml and then finding the code to change.

Edit: don't worry, managed to do it by using the ui customisation in aeon nox Smile
Not been at home for a few days, but finally managed to get the file uploaded for you all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf6u3f0v8t3fy8...es_PVR.xml

Just overwrite your includes_PVR.xml in user/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i

Please don't forget to back up your old one and obviously any updates to the skin will overwrite this.
Thank you for this!
I managed to get all the mods (EPG default screen, no popup window when selecting channel) but my EPG isn't displaying everything as you have showing in the first post. It is not showing channel icons at the top left (although channel icons are displayed in the timeline section below) and I don't get any picture on the top right. Both areas are completely blank. What more is required to get this working? Thank you!
The picture on the top right will only show when you have a channel playing. So you will only see it when youve got a channel selected and go back to the EPG screen. As for the logos on the top left, sometimes they show for me sometimes they dont which is strange because they use the same code as the logos on the channels which as you said do show. Something i need to look into, though im wont be home for a week or so.
(2013-09-27, 19:48)produno Wrote: 2, I want to disable the first Tv channels option in the Aeon nox skin (also the radio tab if I can get groups working), I don't think its needed now.

3, I want to remove the menu that pops up when you select a channel using the epg guide. - DONE

4, When you select a channel I want it to play in the pip screen I now have on the epg screen. (the same as it does on the tv channels view). I have the option checked in settings to play in small screen first but it still goes straight to full screen when you select the channel from the epg menu.

Slick

produno, your EPG w/ PIP window is the best thing I've seen from any skin so far. I started looking through each skin's PVR layout back during the Frodo beta w/ an NPVR backend. After the WMC backend was released I've come back, but still need the EPG format to look exactly like what you created

I'd love to use exactly what you described. Elminate radio channels and have default LiveTV selection take you to the EPG w/ PIP window

It looks like you modded the EPG window to add a PIP window and some extra channel information

Is there a way to mod the channels list in "TV Channels" down below the PIP window and stretch it's duration to look like the EPG?

I think if you modded the channels area rather than the EPG area it would play in the PIP window

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing EPG2