Changing EPG
@produno : I have not been able to get this working, seems I have the channel logos missing and might not be using/replacing the code correctly.
may I suggest an updated zip containing ;
1- containing the channel logos in the directory they are supposed to be & direction where to put it
2- the code added to the includes_PVR.xml & instruction to add it where
3- the code for removing the popup & directly opening into the EPG with launching channel from the epg window--- & instruction on where to add/ insert this ( ideally the modded one from yourself to be replaced)

please put the dropbox / download link in the first post underneath the OP as is the usual norm. updates ( if reqd) to this download zip or dropbox link.
This would be gf Huge benefit to us who could otherwise get lost in what / where & how.
(2013-11-06, 16:29)TechLife Wrote: Thanks for checking. I am on Margro's 12.2 and Nox Git. Probably related...I'll give it a try with duplicating your config and see what happens.

Did you manage to give this a try with good results?

(2013-11-10, 19:22)locoguano Wrote: Looks great... exactly what I was looking for. The only complaint would be the scrolling delay. I'd prefer it sped up a bit.

I changed the delay to make the transition smoother, i may tweak it a little bit more to speed it up. Are you talking about vertically or horizontally specifically or both?

(2013-11-10, 20:37)shaktoo Wrote: @produno : I have not been able to get this working, seems I have the channel logos missing and might not be using/replacing the code correctly.
1- containing the channel logos in the directory they are supposed to be & direction where to put it
3- the code for removing the popup & directly opening into the EPG with launching channel from the epg window--- & instruction on where to add/ insert this ( ideally the modded one from yourself to be replaced)

please put the dropbox / download link in the first post underneath the OP as is the usual norm. updates ( if reqd) to this download zip or dropbox link.
This would be gf Huge benefit to us who could otherwise get lost in what / where & how.

If i get time over the next couple of days i will do this, just very busy wirh irl stuff atm, which is a shame because theirs still much more i want to finish on this including the OSD!

If anyones interested, ive modified the EPG screen for MQ5 aswell. Which i think i will be using from now on, i prefer the skin and think the epg looks better. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178054
Any thought's on doing this for the Psuedo TV EPG as well, either for Nox or MQ5?
(2013-11-16, 16:43)ThorC1138 Wrote: Any thought's on doing this for the Psuedo TV EPG as well, either for Nox or MQ5?

I dont use Psuedo so probably not sorry.
(2013-11-14, 13:34)produno Wrote:
(2013-11-06, 16:29)TechLife Wrote: Thanks for checking. I am on Margro's 12.2 and Nox Git. Probably related...I'll give it a try with duplicating your config and see what happens.

Did you manage to give this a try with good results?

(2013-11-10, 19:22)locoguano Wrote: Looks great... exactly what I was looking for. The only complaint would be the scrolling delay. I'd prefer it sped up a bit.

I changed the delay to make the transition smoother, i may tweak it a little bit more to speed it up. Are you talking about vertically or horizontally specifically or both?

(2013-11-10, 20:37)shaktoo Wrote: @produno : I have not been able to get this working, seems I have the channel logos missing and might not be using/replacing the code correctly.

If i get time over the next couple of days i will do this, just very busy wirh irl stuff atm, which is a shame because theirs still much more i want to finish on this including the OSD!

If anyones interested, ive modified the EPG screen for MQ5 aswell. Which i think i will be using from now on, i prefer the skin and think the epg looks better. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178054
Bro any chance you could do this ? Really miss this in my Nox .. would be super duper pleased & thankful ...Tongue
Great Work.
One question. When my EPG comes up the live tv is still playing in the background.
Is there a way to get rid of that. Don't want that since we have the PIP top right.
Seems redundant to have livetv playing in the background also.
Poduno, do you happen to remember where that setting is to not have live tv in background when epg is up?

(2013-09-29, 20:58)produno Wrote: I can upload the file as it is if people like? Though im having trouble finding out how to do the other bits i wanted.

It seems no one at present has managed to get group selection working on the epg screen and i also read the radio channels can only be displayed in an epg if they are actually playing, so this is something else i need to look into.

I still havnt found out how to make the program play in the small window first before switching to full screen. So the small pip will only show whats being played after a channel has been selected and you go back to the epg screen. You will also benefit from turning off current program being played as a background in the settings. (I cant remember the exact setting and im not at home atm).
It's ok. Figured it out. Had to manually edit the MyPVR.xml file to set visibility to false.
can you take me what code to change to completely eliminate the scroll delay (hor. and vert.)?

Edit: Nevermind.. Found it.
Great work. Really enjoying this modification!

One small amendment:

(2013-09-30, 08:37)produno Wrote: For anyone interested (and just so I don't forget and have everything in one place). To change the Live TV selector on the main menu to go straight to the epg rather than tv channels do this -

In Includes_Mainmenu.xml find this

Code:
<include name="TVMainMenu">
        <item id="7">
            <label fallback="31017">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>SetProperty($INFO[Window(home).Property(MenuName)],LiveTVHomeItem,home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetFocus(9006)</onclick>
            <property name="Widget">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Widget)]</property>
            <property name="Widget2">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Widget2)]</property>
            <property name="WidgetTitle">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.WidgetTitle)]</property>
            <property name="Widget2Title">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Widget2Title)]</property>
            <property name="DisableIcon">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Disable)]</property>
            <property name="BigIcon" fallback="special://skin/extras/BigIcons/Monitor.png">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Icon)]</property>
            <icon fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/livetv/">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.MultiFanart)]</icon>
            <property name="InfoLine">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.InfoLine)]</property>
            <property name="SubMenu">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.SubMenu)]</property>
            <property name="Type" fallback="custom">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Type)]</property>
            <property name="Path" fallback="ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 32,0, 11,0)">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveTVHomeItem.Path)]</property>

And change the last bit from ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 32,0, 11,0) TO ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 31,0, 10,0)

This can be done inside the Skin settings in XBMC. Go to the Skin Settings - Customizers - Main menu item customizer (Backgrounds, Widgets). Scroll around your menu and select Live TV (or whatever you called it) and click on it. In the configuration windows go to "Choose Type", select "Custom" and change the line to
Code:
ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 31,0, 10,0)

And for other people who want the scroll delay to be less edit the xml file and find scrolltime in line 811. Change this from 1000 to 200 to speed things up.
Great work on the mod! Made my wife (and in turn me) very happy!
does this work with nox 5?
(2013-12-14, 03:50)scooper750 Wrote: It's ok. Figured it out. Had to manually edit the MyPVR.xml file to set visibility to false.

Could you specify what line? I can't seem to find it and would like to get rid of the PIP display.
Sorry for not replying in this for a while, ive been pretty busy with other stuff. Im glad people enjoy using it! Thankfully Gotham now comes with some of the stuff i was trying to achieved already sorted which in my opinion makes this even better.

(2014-04-23, 17:37)unclejoe01 Wrote: does this work with nox 5?

I have no idea, try it and let us know, though dont forget to back up the nox 5 file!

(2014-04-27, 17:13)Dexter1979 Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 03:50)scooper750 Wrote: It's ok. Figured it out. Had to manually edit the MyPVR.xml file to set visibility to false.

Could you specify what line? I can't seem to find it and would like to get rid of the PIP display.

Im not infront of the code atm but if you want to get rid of the PIP entirely you need to look in MyPVR.xml and look for the video window in the epg section, just remove that and it should be gone on screen.
(2014-05-15, 02:35)produno Wrote: Im not infront of the code atm but if you want to get rid of the PIP entirely you need to look in MyPVR.xml and look for the video window in the epg section, just remove that and it should be gone on screen.

Yes, that was the bit I would like you to specify next time you are in front of the code.. Big Grin
Looking a bit old this thread but love the look.

Any chance of this working in Isengard? Tried adding the xml but its obviously not set to pick it up.. possibly my config but wanted to check this actually works in latest kodi.

cheers,
El-d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing EPG2