• 12(current)
Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi
Minitool is fine as it can align the partition too.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
popcornmix, i am new to raspberry pi and xbmc. how were you able to show the movie and TV posters and movie summary on the screen? i installed openlec? and it does not show the posters and summary? thanks
@k0nd0r you need to set up your video library and scan it before those displays are visible:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library
Great setup thanks for sharing.
I took a few tips here and there and my setup got quicker, ourah!

Just one remark, for people copying your advancesettings.xml, i must warn that here, putting the default audio player to omxplayer got airplay to stop working. i was ending up with that error
Code:
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
Without that line everyhting is fine!

Thanks
(2013-09-28, 16:42)popcornmix Wrote: People often complain xbmc on the Pi is too laggy to be usable.

Here is a demo of latest build running quite smoothly.

This is top of tree (Gotham) OpenELEC with some performance patches I'm currently working on.

The Movie played was 4 gigs and 720p.

The Pi is overclocked to 1GHz arm, 500MHz core and 600MHz sdram.
The install is on a USB stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErWF2sYgJec

How I can get this performance? Only installing the latest Openelec build?
(2014-07-27, 23:12)cemmec Wrote: How I can get this performance? Only installing the latest Openelec build?

These patches are all in latest official (4.0.7) Openelec build.
That build + overclock + a decent sdcard should give you the performance seen here.
The video is about a year old, a lot has happened since then. A lot of improvements has happened, for example opening the 'Movies' or 'Series' tab in the main has gotten quicker. Scrolling through your library is almost as fast as on a 'x86' HTPC, etc.
Am I the only one who finds OpenELEC, and therefore the latest RPi XBMC performance-improving updates, hard to install?
In what way?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-31, 20:39)raspberry_pd Wrote: Am I the only one who finds OpenELEC, and therefore the latest RPi XBMC performance-improving updates, hard to install?

Yes, probably - what's hard about copying a tar file to your Pi and rebooting?

Although I'd suggest starting a new thread if you're having OpenELEC update problems and would like assistance.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi6