• 126(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
Hey, I'm having trouble with the skin widgets. It works on other skins yet it doesn't work on this one. I've tried removing the skin and the widgets and a fresh reinstall but no change.
Questions about music using the artist slideshow, artwork downloader, cd art manager and CD LRC lyrics plugins.

Just made some major updates to my music collection.
How do I get it to do a complete update of all missing artwork from fanart.tv?

Also is there a way to have it scrape lyrics for my entire library?
I have it set up to save all lyrics to a specific folder as it finds them (but it will only pull lyrics while playing each song)
My goal is to have everything stored locally so I can have full functionality without being online.

Another option I was considering was using a program like Media Monkey to scrape and embed all the lyrics into my files id3tags.
Can XBMC use this informationHuh

>>>>follow up question... I have some artists that have the wrong info. How do I get it to let me manually tell it the name of the artist... hitting reload is just making it do the same wrong thing again.
I have a lot of classical artists listed last name, first name.... for some reason it took many of them and used the band 'A Perfect Circle' for their info...This has happened for multiple composers.
Ok, I just realized something about the issue with the multiple artists being scraped as 'A Perfect Circle'. All of these artists are part of a 4 cd classical box set that I have set up like this.
They are in a folder called 'Various Artists' with a sub folder under the name of each album.
The artist and album artist tags are both the name name of the composer.

When I originally ripped these cd's I had each artists tracks in a separate folder under their name along with there other cd's if they have any.
For example any Beethoven tracks would be in my Beethoven, Ludwig Van folder with a subfolder for the cd from the box set.
Some of the artists only exist in this box set for.

Thinking I may have to switch back to the original setup....
Actually it will serve another purpose as well... with the setup now each of the composers wont have individual folder art, artist.nfo etc.
(2014-04-03, 16:51)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 11:17)ts316 Wrote: Image

im running gotham aeon mq5.im currently using the "wall" view type.
is there a way to get the selected dvd/bluray media case to increase in size when selected like the picture above?
thank you in advance.

would be good to know if this is possible - would be good to see the selected poster more easily against the wall background.

any ideas??
(2014-04-18, 03:27)huttdes Wrote: Questions about music using the artist slideshow, artwork downloader, cd art manager and CD LRC lyrics plugins.

You need to use CDArtManager that is the main addon for getting music artwork. ArtistSlideShow can download and store artist extrafanart images but only when an artist is being played.
ArtworkDownloader is mainly used for Movie and TV show artwork.

If you are having issues with certain artists ensure their folder name and meta tags match exactly the same artist name as shown on the Music Brainz website.

Don't know anything about storing lyrics locally for the entire library.

Good luck..
(2014-04-18, 13:28)huttdes Wrote: Ok, I just realized something about the issue with the multiple artists being scraped as 'A Perfect Circle'. All of these artists are part of a 4 cd classical box set that I have set up like this.
They are in a folder called 'Various Artists' with a sub folder under the name of each album.

When I originally ripped these cd's I had each artists tracks in a separate folder under their name along with there other cd's if they have any.
For example any Beethoven tracks would be in my Beethoven, Ludwig Van folder with a subfolder for the cd from the box set.

Actually it will serve another purpose as well... with the setup now each of the composers wont have individual folder art, artist.nfo etc.

For compilation albums Artist tag contains the track artist, whilst album artist tag would be "Various Artists".
On my file server I have a various artists folder I dump all my compilation albums in there.

There is a setting in XBMC for music where you can hide the display of compilation artists. So for example when you go in to the music artists area of the GUI you would then only see album artists. I always turn this setting on as I don't want to see random artists that might only ever appear on one track off one compilation album etc.

This means you can then consentrate on getting all the artwork right for just the album artists.
I also had to contribute a lot to theaudiodb.com site and add meta data and images for some of my artists that previously had none. So if they weren't on fanart.tv or on theaudiodb.com sites, I'd add them to theaudiodb.com as contributing on that site is easier and less strict.

Edit: Also once you have added your "missing" artist to theaudiodb.com site when you then reload that artist again in XBMC the new info and images for the artist will be correctly displayed.
Also when reloading an artist there should be an option for "manual" where you can manually edit / type in the artist name you are looking for, however chances are if the system didn't automatically find the correct artist you will need to contribute it.
(2014-04-19, 09:46)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 13:28)huttdes Wrote: Ok, I just realized something about the issue with the multiple artists being scraped as 'A Perfect Circle'. All of these artists are part of a 4 cd classical box set that I have set up like this.

For compilation albums Artist tag contains the track artist, whilst album artist tag would be "Various Artists".
On my file server I have a various artists folder I dump all my compilation albums in there.

There is a setting in XBMC for music where you can hide the display of compilation artists. So for example when you go in to the music artists area of the GUI you would then only see album artists. I always turn this setting on as I don't want to see random artists that might only ever appear on one track off one compilation album etc.

This means you can then consentrate on getting all the artwork right for just the album artists.
I also had to contribute a lot to theaudiodb.com site and add meta data and images for some of my artists that previously had none. So if they weren't on fanart.tv or on theaudiodb.com sites, I'd add them to theaudiodb.com as contributing on that site is easier and less strict.

Edit: Also once you have added your "missing" artist to theaudiodb.com site when you then reload that artist again in XBMC the new info and images for the artist will be correctly displayed.
Also when reloading an artist there should be an option for "manual" where you can manually edit / type in the artist name you are looking for, however chances are if the system didn't automatically find the correct artist you will need to contribute it.

Ok, well I had those cd's tagged the way they were because originally I had the tracks separated into individual folders for each artist.
So now I changed all the album artist tags to various artists along with a few other cd's that should have been the same way.

In my music settings I have 'include artists who only appear on compilations' unchecked.
However when I scanned them into my library it did all the individual artists anyway so if I browse by artist I see all of the individual artists from the various artist cd's.
I know browsing by album artist would eliminate this as I use it in other software programs like jriver.

I cannot find this in XBMCHuh I've checked settings everywhere... how do I select to browse by albumartist in xbmc?
If you have that setting unchecked that's good. If you have scanned stuff in to the XBMC music library and then later edited the album artist tag to "various artists" for example you will need to remove the offending items from the library and scan them in again with the correct tags etc.

I don't think you can browse in the GUI by album artist, your tags just have to be correct in the first place in the mp3 files. You can view music artists or view music albums in the gui.
If a track on a compilation album has the artist name for that track in the artist tag field but the album artist tag is set to various artists, then that complication album should appear under various artists when you are browsing the music artists section of the GUI.
That's how I did it, I removed the flac folder from my library and then rescanned with the setting unchecked.

It's still scanning all the individual artists from the various cd's.

When I browse using artist I do have a 'Various Artists' artist with all of these cds listed but they all also come up with the regular artists.....

>>>EDIT ......will be back.... found an issue....

It's all good now... there were 2 cd's that I didn't realize needed the album artist changed so they were still coming up.
Thanks for the help.
where can i get this from as its not downloading in the add-ons skin folder it just gets to 99% and hangs ? using xbmc 13 beta 4

thanks
Is it just maybe taking a long time to download and configure requirements? See if you can download Aeon Nox 4.1.9.8 (Gotham). It's a great skin with a ton of great features. Just as good as MQ 5 IMO although maybe lacking some of the options of MQ 5. Still, I display movies using blu ray cases, tori panel for TV, and episode for v episodes. Id recommend trying it if you can. You have to download the zip from the forums as it's not in the repo yet.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Hi there I have used Aeon Nox 4.1.9.8 for a couple of years on xbmc 10,11 and 12 and wanted to try out some new skins not old versions.

i can download any other skin ok with xbmc 13 beta 4 just not this one i have also tried Aeon Nox 5 but theres alot need doing to get it back where it was and some of the artwork is not working.

thanks
Yeah I hear ya. I seem to remember my install halting at around 98-99%. Turned out manually having to install the zip into the skin folder and then reboot and dependencies install automatically,
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Is there a DVD/Bluray widget for MQ5, or atlease a pop up to acknowledge a disc is in the tray? I can get a DVD and Bluray to play automatically but can't find a menu/widget for Disc.

Anyone with info would be a great help, please.
(2014-04-19, 01:27)ts316 Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 16:51)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 11:17)ts316 Wrote: Image

im running gotham aeon mq5.im currently using the "wall" view type.
is there a way to get the selected dvd/bluray media case to increase in size when selected like the picture above?
thank you in advance.

would be good to know if this is possible - would be good to see the selected poster more easily against the wall background.

any ideas??

It's currently not possible without altering the code.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

• 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 520