• 115(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
(2014-03-04, 21:58)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 17:11)Xencored27 Wrote: But for the life of my I can't find a way to show the fan art as backgounds (changing randomly)

It works when I press up and go to the widget thumb but just shows a boring static image when on the main playlist menu

Cheers
fab skin

You would normally use Artwork Organiser add-on for (changing randomly) fanart background images, this downloads the selected artwork from your file server / NAS to local folders on the HTPC. This is generally used for Movies / TV Shows / Music fanarts etc.

In MQ5 you can press down arrow whilst on the main home menu a few times and select Customise Main Menu from the sub-menu.

Select your 'Documentaries" menu item from the list on the left and then in the middle use the option "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" and browse to what ever folder contains your 'Documentaries" fanart images.

For the default menu items i.e. not ones you have created yourself, e.g. Movies / TV Shows / Music you can select instead the option 'Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts" this is referring to the folders the Artwork Organiser add-on creates. This option does not work if using your own theme however due to a bug but you can use the "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" option in that case and browse to the correct local folder that holds the relevant fanart images for what ever menu item you are setting up.

EDIT: The path where Artwork Organiser stores the images is on Linux / OpenElec anyways:

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer

In here you will find sub folders like:

ArtistFanart
MovieFanart
MusicVideoFanart
TVShowFanart

And any other images types you select in the Artwork Organiser settings, I only select the ones as above.

Thankd for the info.
I thou#ght it would of been like the neon skin where it got all the images auto from playlists.
I have no folders for fanart and using the Artwork Organiser groups all images up into tv/movies/music like you said. So I can't use this for my playlists as it would be showing images of videos not even in the menu I am on.

This skin has so much editing options I can't belive this was skipped (than again maybe I'm the only person who uses xbmc like this :p)

Cheers
(2014-03-05, 11:21)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 01:00)Samu-rai Wrote: As for your requests, only Marcos can answer that. I believe he is busy on ACE 2 right now, which would suggest that development on MQ5 may have ceased.

Really? That's not good news! SadSadSad

I was hoping some of the remaining bugs and issues would be resolved before development stopped on MQ5.

Think I may look at some other skins see what else is available, not that I don't love MQ5 Big Grin

I don't know for certain, it's just an educated guess. Wanilton would be the best person to clarify in Marcos' absence.

You can look, but you'll never beat the awesomeness of MQ5 :p
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-03-05, 15:53)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 11:21)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 01:00)Samu-rai Wrote: As for your requests, only Marcos can answer that. I believe he is busy on ACE 2 right now, which would suggest that development on MQ5 may have ceased.

Really? That's not good news! SadSadSad

I was hoping some of the remaining bugs and issues would be resolved before development stopped on MQ5.

Think I may look at some other skins see what else is available, not that I don't love MQ5 Big Grin

I don't know for certain, it's just an educated guess. Wanilton would be the best person to clarify in Marcos' absence.

@Wanilton

Care to comment?

Thanks
(2014-03-05, 14:25)Xencored27 Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 21:58)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 17:11)Xencored27 Wrote: But for the life of my I can't find a way to show the fan art as backgounds (changing randomly)

It works when I press up and go to the widget thumb but just shows a boring static image when on the main playlist menu

Cheers
fab skin

You would normally use Artwork Organiser add-on for (changing randomly) fanart background images, this downloads the selected artwork from your file server / NAS to local folders on the HTPC. This is generally used for Movies / TV Shows / Music fanarts etc.

In MQ5 you can press down arrow whilst on the main home menu a few times and select Customise Main Menu from the sub-menu.

Select your 'Documentaries" menu item from the list on the left and then in the middle use the option "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" and browse to what ever folder contains your 'Documentaries" fanart images.

For the default menu items i.e. not ones you have created yourself, e.g. Movies / TV Shows / Music you can select instead the option 'Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts" this is referring to the folders the Artwork Organiser add-on creates. This option does not work if using your own theme however due to a bug but you can use the "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" option in that case and browse to the correct local folder that holds the relevant fanart images for what ever menu item you are setting up.

EDIT: The path where Artwork Organiser stores the images is on Linux / OpenElec anyways:

ArtistFanart
MovieFanart
MusicVideoFanart
TVShowFanart

And any other images types you select in the Artwork Organiser settings, I only select the ones as above.

Thankd for the info.
I thou#ght it would of been like the neon skin where it got all the images auto from playlists.
I have no folders for fanart and using the Artwork Organiser groups all images up into tv/movies/music like you said. So I can't use this for my playlists as it would be showing images of videos not even in the menu I am on.

This skin has so much editing options I can't belive this was skipped (than again maybe I'm the only person who uses xbmc like this :p)

Cheers

Well I am not saying this is the only way as I am not totally sure, but I would think you would need to have a folder containing all your background fanart images for your Documentaries and then use the "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" option to point to that folder for the Documentaries menu etc.
(2014-03-05, 16:02)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 15:53)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 11:21)cw-kid Wrote: Really? That's not good news! SadSadSad

@Wanilton

Care to comment?

Thanks

Is celebrating 'carnaval', I think. I don´t believe we got to the end of the development MQ5, yet. But this only Marcos, to answer definitively, gotham will change more before end release, and skin will need fixes.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-03-05, 16:41)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 14:25)Xencored27 Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 21:58)cw-kid Wrote: You would normally use Artwork Organiser add-on for (changing randomly) fanart background images, this downloads the selected artwork from your file server / NAS to local folders on the HTPC. This is generally used for Movies / TV Shows / Music fanarts etc.

ArtistFanart
MovieFanart
MusicVideoFanart
TVShowFanart

Thankd for the info.

Cheers

Well I am not saying this is the only way as I am not totally sure, but I would think you would need to have a folder containing all your background fanart images for your Documentaries and then use the "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" option to point to that folder for the Documentaries menu etc.

Hmm there must be an auto way of doing this like neon does.
Would love to use this skin so hope there is a way.
Dear users, at this moment I am looking for a new home for my family, and it is consuming all my neurons. Sad So...when I'm at peace with myself, I will return to skin.

Samu-rai, if you can make a list of bugs to fix, it would greatly help.

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Quick question, from playing a song is there a keyboard shortcut to take you to playlist?
Currently I have to hit the tab key to get to full screen then hit the letter N

Is there a one step way to do this?
Thanks

Good luck Marcos Smile
Doubt he has finished MQ5, Gotham has not gone final yet.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Using WIn 8.1, Gotham Beta 1 and Aeon MQ5 202. I am trying to add a menu option for music add ons, but this is not an option in the REPLACE menu. There is an Audio Add Ons option, but when selected it is empty. If I go to the Add-ons options there is a Music Add-ons section that contains the add-ons I am looking for. There is no Audio Add-Ons in the Add-Ons options menu. How do I add the Music Add-ons to a menu option? Thank you for any assistance.
s1n1c, look better, have option there, CHOOSE AUDIO ADDON...

after I have addons listed

Hello the issue with the disc art have been solved but I have two more, first the library don't update when I start xbmc and I have it enable and another problem is than sometimes appear search in the screen why is that?? Thank you
Yeah, that works for a single Add-on. I have several music Add-ons, for internet radio, etc., and don't want a separate menu option for each add-on. I was able to use the Video Add-Ons in the REPLACE menu for a single menu item that takes me directly to the video add-ons. Where is this functionality for Music/Audio? Thanks for the suggestion, though, Wanilton!
AH understand now, use MyMenu 1 and 2, for include 10 audio add-ons or others in a single item, first replace empty with My Menu 1, left arrow, and now populate submenu with 10 itens, and have 10 icons at home in one single item. In this case you have 2 items, for populate with 20 add-ons.

Look Mine:

Thanks, Wanilton. That is a very good work around that I had not considered. I will do that. Still would like to see the options consistent in the interface. IE, if there it is called Music Add-ons in the Add-ons options, then change it to Music Add-ons in the REPLACE menus. I understand this is still a work in progress and am very impressed with the skin overall. Thanks, again.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 520