• 152(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
Wow that plugin works really well!
Cheers Wanilton, I found your post thanks to thrak76.

However i was also interested in getting the movie poster image to show, when I'm browsing by local actor. You can see my screen capture above that has the place holder image instead of the movie poster.
Is this possible?

Cheers
Hi

I just installed the Metadata Actors script from here and rebooted.

When I go to a movie titles Information Page and then click on an Actors image for example George Clooney.

I still get a default list that looks like this one:

If I go in to the Movie-Actors sub-menu via the main Movies menu and select an actor for example George Clooney

I then see a screen like this one:

I never see a screen like this?

Thanks

EDIT:

If I go in to Settings - Program Add-ons and launch the Metadata Actors Pre-1.0.0 I then get another list:

Movie - Actors
Movie - Directors
TV Show - Actors
Artists

If I click on Movie - Actors and select an actor (George Clooney) I then see the new screen view as shown in the below screen shot:

So does it not link in to / integrate with the Aeon MQ5 UI at all ?

I am thinking when I click on George's Clooney's image in the first screen shot, I would want it to display the view as shown in the last screen shot etc.
cd-kid, in info video, have buttons for get artist info (run script metadata actors)

in the menu above actors images, press right arrow and appears new options (get artist info, get director info and more), after get fanarts, only need focus artist first and after press enter in Get Artist Info (enter), done, result:

When have theme music for movie (tvtunes), I have error in metadata actors, don´t show any info, maybe script conflict, need see better.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi

I am not using TV Tunes.

So you have to select an actor from the images at the bottom and then push back up on to the menu and move right to select "Get Artist Info" (Should be named "Get Actors Info").

This does indeed work.

However it would still be easier and more logical if we could just press OK on the actors image at the bottom and it then opens the actors info page that the Metadata Actors script generates.

Perhaps this can be added to the Aeon MQ5 feature wish list?

Thanks
So the other options

Get Director Info
Get Writer Info

These are also new options? That the Metadata Actors Script generates?

Again the standard option of "Director's Movies" just brings up a text list of their movies. Whereas the "Get Director Info" option displays the Directors Bio / Image and list of movies / cover images.

Both these options kinda compete with each other and do a similar thing.

Can the "Director's Movies" option be removed? Or be replaced by the "Get Director Info" option, so we only have ONE option for getting a list of the Directors movies / info.

Anyway's the Metadata Actors Script is a really nice feature and fills in some of the gaps you see missing when moving to XBMC from a system such as My Movies for Windows Media Center
cw-kid, yes director and writer info was generated by Metadata actors addon too.

Have this because metadata list filmography actor or director (in collection or not), and director´s movies list items in your collection only, equal when press enter in artist image.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-06-20, 15:14)cw-kid Wrote: However it would still be easier and more logical if we could just press OK on the actors image at the bottom and it then opens the actors info page that the Metadata Actors script generates.

Perhaps this can be added to the Aeon MQ5 feature wish list?

Thanks

I agree with this too. Selecting the focused actor image would be much more intuitive. I'm used to the method to use the script now, but could easily revert to the intuitive way! Wink
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hi

Since I updated my HTPC to Gotham, clean install etc.

When playing music it no longer seems to open the full-screen music visualisation screen, it will just sit on the XBMC main menu and display the track timings on the menu etc.

In Frodo after so many minutes of music playback it would automatically launch the full-screen music visualisation screen.

Can anyone confirm?

Is this a setting I have missed somewhere?

Thanks

EDIT: Perhaps it is working and I am just being too impatient. Seems to take longer to go in to full-screen than it use to do but it does eventually do it.
Is this when playing music from the main menu then?

I think that I have noticed this as well, but not when playing selections from within the library. Will test to in a bit to confirm - well, i know that it does go to visualization after 5 minutes when playing selection from library.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yeah when I start playback from the main menu, say from the recently added widget. It does actually work it takes about 5-6 minutes for it to go in to full-screen visualisation screen automatically. Think I was being too impatient. Not sure if you can change the amount of time in a setting anywhere? All my music is in the library as well.
There's not a setting within the skin. Personally, I'd like it to be at 3 minutes. Someone may be able to provide which .xml needs to be modified to access this setting. I've no idea though.

On a side note. cw-kid, I've been reading your Media Center blog the past couple of days and experimenting with my z-wave setup and the XBMCstate plugin/addon. Thanks for your write-ups! They've been very helpful! Big Grin
(2014-06-21, 17:20)thrak76 Wrote: There's not a setting within the skin. Personally, I'd like it to be at 3 minutes. Someone may be able to provide which .xml needs to be modified to access this setting. I've no idea though.

On a side note. cw-kid, I've been reading your Media Center blog the past couple of days and experimenting with my z-wave setup and the XBMCstate plugin/addon. Thanks for your write-ups! They've been very helpful! Big Grin

Yeah I am in to Home Automation as well, I am actually an authorised Z-wave dealer, if anyone is looking for bespoke pricing on Euro Z-wave kit? The XBMCState plugin for Vera is nice for controlling lighting levels depending on XBMC player status etc.
If you liked that, take a look at this thread here, I've just discovered a newish DLNA device plugin for Vera, I am using it to send Google Text-to-Speech (TTS) announcements to the XBMC PCs when things happen. like when the doorbell is pressed or whatever. But you can also control XBMC playback from Vera etc. No support yet for it in the Android AutHomation remote app though which is a shame.
Cool! These are the kinds of things that get me excited about automation again! Garrett seems pretty good at keeping the authomation app updated, so hopefully he'll support it eventually.
Lest we derail this thread further with more off-topic replies, perhaps i'll continue this in a thread elsewhere - either here or micasaverde forums. I don't really post there, but I do read it plenty.
I'm still having a few teething issues with the Vera DLNA plugin and XBMC, I posted some screen shots on this thread here. Will probably do a write up about it when happy with it all.
Hi all,

I have a quick question with a (hopefully) simple answer:

In the Images tab, is there a way to change the sort from ascending to descending order? I know in Confluence its on the side menu that pops out when you hit the arrow key. I can't find it in this skin.

Thanks! I have all of my photos organized by year, and would like the most recent first rather than last.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 520