OS X As NFS Share?
Hi, Im running XBMC under Win 7 x64 on an HTPC, I have a large number of drives shared via NFS on an OS X based Mac Pro. I've got NFS working correctly but when I browse a few folders in on XBMC the program locks up.

Any ideas? Hear this is a libnfs issue but how do I update that on OS X?
This issue is not known to me. Who was saying it is a known issue to you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just some googling for similar problems revealed people on Frodo having issues with browsing NFS causing XBMC to freeze (not crash, just freeze unrecoverably).

Should I just reinstall XBMC and hope it works? (some people said it fixed the issue)
Reinstallation fixes nothing as long as the userdata folder is kept. Try a alpha for gotham or a nightly build and see if the issue got fixed already.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-10-01, 11:13)Memphiz Wrote: Reinstallation fixes nothing as long as the userdata folder is kept. Try a alpha for gotham or a nightly build and see if the issue got fixed already.
Well of course Id be nuking that too.. will try an alpha.
Thanks mate and sorry for crossposting! I had no idea if this place was busy or not lol.
Tried both Gotham and a nightly to no avail. The issue persists, I've checked my debug log and found culprits. First it crashed the second it reached a folder with a zip file due to the cnfszip open (whatever 'looks inside' of a zip file). Upon removing the zip file folder loads fine but when I open a folder with certain videos I get "cthumbextractor:: do work - trying to extract thumb from video", and additionally JPG files seem to cause the freeze to happen again (CNFSFile:: Open)
Look, I dont mess around with zips, I dont screw with .jpgs.. hell Id be fine without thumbs. Is there any way I can disable this shit that tries to 'look into' files or am I just seeing parts of a larger problem?

Please help.. Im at my wits end with this and I *cannot* use other protocols for my video files.. none have the consistent speed to support it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OS X As NFS Share?0