Bug CEC component: recognize Windows 'away-mode'
There is this new release that allows the Windows Media Center to work as a pvr backend in XBMC. (XBMC Forum)

Unfortunately, when the WMC service wakes my system from standby (for a scheduled recording or update of epg data), the CEC components in XBMC automatically powers on the connected AVR and TV as well.

I'd like to suggest, that the CEC component should be able to recognize the active Windows "away mode" in these situations and NOT turn on any connected device.
Anyone? This is really annoying. Ever night the htpc turns on my tv and avr - and wakes me up.
Maybe you should post in the right section of this forum as it´s clearly not a hardware problem..
Hm, wasn't sure were to put this because it seemed like a hardware problem to me as it only affects users with an additional CEC adapter.

So where should I've put my request?
PVR section or ask a moderator Smile
Sorry for bringing this old thread back up, but I'm still annoyed by this problem. And yes, I still think this is a hardware related problem:

XBMC has build in support for the HDMI-CEC adapter add-on made by the fine folks at Pulse Eight. But this implementation doesn't recognize the Windows "Away-Mode".

So basically when ever Windows wakes up for a scheduled recording or maintaining job, XBMC sends out a CEC-command and turns on the TV and AVR. But the proper behavior should be, that XBMC detects the wake-up call has come not from a user input and Windows is using the Away-Mode to disable audio and video output.
Still not working for me. Kodi still wakes up my entire collection of home theatre devices just because I've scheduled a recording with DVBLink and Kodi doesn't recognize the Away-Mode call.
Perhaps go through the cec settings in kodi - there are quite a few of them.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-02, 21:41)TOMillr Wrote: Still not working for me. Kodi still wakes up my entire collection of home theatre devices just because I've scheduled a recording with DVBLink and Kodi doesn't recognize the Away-Mode call.

I was having the same issue. My solution was to change the CEC settings in Kodi so that the TV turning on would wake the HTPC, but the HTPC would not turn on the TV when it woke. Since I was using my TV remote to control everything anyway, it was a pretty simple solution.
(2015-05-02, 23:34)nickr Wrote: Perhaps go through the cec settings in kodi - there are quite a few of them.
Nope, there's no option for that in the current build. Kodi just doesn't support the Windows away-mode - maybe it's a Linux bias thing? Big Grin

(2015-05-03, 00:52)USCMitch Wrote: it was a pretty simple solution.
But it's not really a solution to the problem. I bought the CEC device to do exactly what you've disabled it to do: turn my tv and avr on/off and automatically switch the devices to the proper HDMI input. If I go ahead an disable that, there's no reason to buy the CEC adapter in the first place.
(2015-05-03, 11:59)TOMillr Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 23:34)nickr Wrote: Perhaps go through the cec settings in kodi - there are quite a few of them.
Nope, there's no option for that in the current build. Kodi just doesn't support the Windows away-mode - maybe it's a Linux bias thing? Big Grin

(2015-05-03, 00:52)USCMitch Wrote: it was a pretty simple solution.
But it's not really a solution to the problem. I bought the CEC device to do exactly what you've disabled it to do: turn my tv and avr on/off and automatically switch the devices to the proper HDMI input. If I go ahead an disable that, there's no reason to buy the CEC adapter in the first place.

CEC works both ways. Even disabling the HTPC from turning on the TV/AVR, the TV still turns on the HTPC and I still have the convenience of using a single remote to pass through commands. I acknowledge that it's not an ideal solution, but for me it was better than waking up to a TV/AVR that had been on since 3AM.
Over two years later and this issue has yet to be addressed. :-(

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15970
Including by you . this is open source, developers scratch their own itches. Maybe it is simply that no Dev cares.

FWIW my PVR backend is in the garage. It doesn't turn anything on or off.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm failing to see the issue here, Kodi is for use with a front end, so it should turn the TV and AVR when it becomes active, Sounds like its an issue with your other hardware and serverWMC not Kodi. If you are using everything on one box than that is just a limitation of setting up things that way, your backend shouldn't be connected to anything, so when it wakes up to record there is nothing to turn on.
(2016-01-23, 08:28)nickr Wrote: Including by you . this is open source, developers scratch their own itches.
Unfortunately, I'm a designer not a dev by trade. But I've provided the necessary technical documentation to help with the implementation if someone would like to implement this.

(2016-01-23, 17:55)jakejm79 Wrote: I'm failing to see the issue here, Kodi is for use with a front end, so it should turn the TV and AVR when it becomes active, Sounds like its an issue with your other hardware and serverWMC not Kodi. If you are using everything on one box than that is just a limitation of setting up things that way, your backend shouldn't be connected to anything, so when it wakes up to record there is nothing to turn on.

I'm trying to use Kodi just like a used to to with the original XBMC back in the day: Have a single media center device in my living room that can play all my media, record live tv and some light gaming. A server-client setup would be way to much if all you're looking for is a small all-in-one device.

But the problem is not only restricted to my particular setup. This is also a problem on any Kodi client running on a Windows device. If you have Windows or Steam setup to regular check for updates at night, this would also power up the tv and avr.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC component: recognize Windows 'away-mode'1