BUG - CEC component: recognize Windows 'away-mode'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TOMillr Offline
There is this new release that allows the Windows Media Center to work as a pvr backend in XBMC. (XBMC Forum)

Unfortunately, when the WMC service wakes my system from standby (for a scheduled recording or update of epg data), the CEC components in XBMC automatically powers on the connected AVR and TV as well.

I'd like to suggest, that the CEC component should be able to recognize the active Windows "away mode" in these situations and NOT turn on any connected device.
find quote
TOMillr Offline
Anyone? This is really annoying. Ever night the htpc turns on my tv and avr - and wakes me up.
find quote
Christer K Offline
Maybe you should post in the right section of this forum as it´s clearly not a hardware problem..
find quote
TOMillr Offline
Hm, wasn't sure were to put this because it seemed like a hardware problem to me as it only affects users with an additional CEC adapter.

So where should I've put my request?
find quote
Christer K Offline
PVR section or ask a moderator Smile
find quote
TOMillr Offline
Sorry for bringing this old thread back up, but I'm still annoyed by this problem. And yes, I still think this is a hardware related problem:

XBMC has build in support for the HDMI-CEC adapter add-on made by the fine folks at Pulse Eight. But this implementation doesn't recognize the Windows "Away-Mode".

So basically when ever Windows wakes up for a scheduled recording or maintaining job, XBMC sends out a CEC-command and turns on the TV and AVR. But the proper behavior should be, that XBMC detects the wake-up call has come not from a user input and Windows is using the Away-Mode to disable audio and video output.
find quote