topcast not on top in xbmc movie info
Hello, first i wanne say i love xbmc, its the best moviedatabase! Great job! There's only one thing boddering me:
When i import a movie into xbmc, i use the actorlist from themoviedb. Sometimes the actors order does not match... for example: when i import Bad Boys, Will Smith is at the top on themoviedb (like it should be) but when i import it to xbmc he's somewhere in the middel.... i dont want that, topcast should be on top...
I have contacted themoviedb.org with the same problem and this is the awnser i've got:
"The API returns an explicit order field. You will have to make sure XBMC is using that. They might not be, so you will have to contact them about this."
Does someone know if xbmc is using that explicit order field?
Can someone help me pls?? Thanks in advanced.
Please can someone help me to get my movie information actorlist in logical orderHuh
Is there a way to chance the actors order in xbmc?
Please help! It would makes my database perfect Smile
No, XBMC is not using the order field. XBMC expects themoviedb.org API to sort the actors and returning them according to the order they have.
I have contacted themoviedb.org and asked if they can solve this problem. This is the awser i've got:
"Not on our end, no. We supply all of the relevant information to make sure clients can sort the credit lists properly. If XBMC doesn't want to use it there is nothing else anyone can do. It's 100% a client implementation issue."
Is there a way that XBMC can solve this problem? I'm sure many xbmc-moviedatabase-users would be very thankfull, including me Smile
(2013-10-06, 02:11)barrychello Wrote: I have contacted themoviedb.org and asked if they can solve this problem. This is the awser i've got:
"Not on our end, no. We supply all of the relevant information to make sure clients can sort the credit lists properly. If XBMC doesn't want to use it there is nothing else anyone can do. It's 100% a client implementation issue."
Is there a way that XBMC can solve this problem? I'm sure many xbmc-moviedatabase-users would be very thankfull, including me Smile

Can You link the relevant forum thread on themoviedb.org please?
Ofcourse, here it is:

http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/52013f55760ee36a931a66cc

thx
Thanks for the response olympia. But i still dont know if it can be fixed or what i can do to have the main actors on top of the actorlist (not all movies have this problem, some of them does)... :-(
You cannot do anything, this is how it is for now.
We started to think about a solution, but since this involves modifications on XBMC core, there will be no solution for XBMC 12.2 Frodo. In best case we work out something for XBMC 13.

Try the Universal Scraper and cast from IMDb to see if it is any better.
OK thank you olympia Smile

I have noticed that, when I import movieinformation from themoviedb, the actor order in incorrect only when the order in themoviedb is chanced after the actors are added.
It would be very nice if we can change the actor order at our choice in XBMC 13 after imported from internet...

I am using the Universal Scraper but sometimes the top cast is not on top in IMDb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
topcast not on top in xbmc movie info0