Display guide in XMBC?
I have XBMC installed with the latest version of NextPVR. It is playing live TV and I can see all of the channels with what is currently on. Is there anyway to show a full guide in XMBC? Or do I need to go to NextPVR?
If you click "EPG" on the left hand menu, XBMC will cycle through the various EPG views. The "EPG: Timeline' view will show you the guide.
Great! Thanks! Is there anyway to set record from that view or do I need to set record in NextPVR?
XBMC is pretty limited on that front unfortunately. You can use that screen to schedule a simple one-off recording (timer). For anything more you'll need to fire up NextPVR, or use the NEWA web interface.
(2013-09-30, 04:04)sub3 Wrote: XBMC is pretty limited on that front unfortunately. You can use that screen to schedule a simple one-off recording (timer). For anything more you'll need to fire up NextPVR, or use the NEWA web interface.

Thanks. I shame because the XBMC UI is so attractive looking. I got pause to work in live tv and already see something else I don't like. There appears to be no 30 second commercial skip. Is that true? Also rewind does not stop when reaching the beginning of the browser. It sort of bounces. And there seems to be no way to skip using the time progress bar. Is this correct?
(2013-09-30, 04:24)spinnaker Wrote: I got pause to work in live tv and already see something else I don't like. There appears to be no 30 second commercial skip. Is that true? Also rewind does not stop when reaching the beginning of the browser. It sort of bounces. And there seems to be no way to skip using the time progress bar. Is this correct?
Sorry, I don't know - I'm only a very light user of XBMC, and not the best person to advise keystrokes etc. This is core XBMC stuff PVR, rather than addon specific (which I can answer questions about).
(2013-09-30, 03:25)sub3 Wrote: If you click "EPG" on the left hand menu, XBMC will cycle through the various EPG views. The "EPG: Timeline' view will show you the guide.

Is there anyway to make XBMC Live TV default to this view when you load up live TV? I don't like the current view and would prefer an EPG?
The EPG is available directly from the LiveTV menu option in Gotham.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display guide in XMBC?0