Mac mini (Intel HD) and 24P
I have been reading a lot about 24 P on this forum. My understanding about it is very limited so I was wondering if someone cal tell me my mac mini (late 2011 model with intel HD graphics) can do it? I have been using a Windows 7 installed Mac mini with Frodo, very happy with it, but thinking about upgrading my TV and wanted to make sure the mac mini will give me the best out of my tv.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.
All Intel GPUs up until Haswell (which is just coming out now) have had a slightly bug with 24p. This is because 24p isn't always 24p. Lots of content is actually shot at 23.976fps for ancient legacy reasons to do with the US NTSC analogue colour standard (and avoiding interference with sound).

However Intel integrated GPUs pre-Haswell (i.e. Clarkdale, Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge) can't output the exact frame rate required, so there are occasional tiny stutters where the GPU has to drop or repeat a frame to keep up. On Ivy Bridge I believe this is only one frame every few minutes or so, so it's not a huge issue for most people. So you will get 24p/23.9somethingp output - and benefit from the lack of 3:2 judder that you'd get with 60/59.94p output - but it's not quite perfect.
To notice the issue you need 24p content, a player the outputs 24p, a TV that takes 24p input and you have to actually notice the frame drops every several minutes. Some do, some don't.

But, all that aside, since you own the mini already, just hook it up to the new TV and see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini (Intel HD) and 24P0