Android Problem: files with accents
Hello there, first let me thanks everybody that helps XBMC to be what it is today!

I am using XBMC on Android(more specific OUYA), and i think i found a bug of Android that can make impossible somethings for XBMC:

i was using Ace Skin and now i am with Aeon MQ 5, and tried to download the Skin extra pack on XBMC, after 9%(this varies sometimes) of download and i get an update error, everytime i try to download it i get this error, so i installed it offline and discovered what was the problem.

The problem is that the extra pack has some image files named with accents(folder videogenres), the images of these genres are named in portuguese(Brazil) like: ação=action, documentários=documentaries, ficção=fiction, etc..

I noticed the actual OUYA system doesnt support it, if you try to copy an image(or any other kind of file) named with those accents, OUYA will stop copying and say that it cant read the file.

I believe this issue came from Android.

So the only way i could install the extra pack was offline, i had to delete the files with accent, this issue makes it impossible to download the extrapack.

I thought i should post it here since i didn't see anybody with the same problem, and i don't know if this only happens on OUYA or also in other Android devices.

I hope someone find this useful,

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem: files with accents0