Language Updates
i have noticed that the japanese language file hasn't been updated in a very very long time and now no-longer works. what does work looks like it was taken directly from babelfish or something similar. anyway, rather than whinge about it, i decided to do it myself. problem is, i don't know how.

any advice?
translate the latest language\english\strings.xml file as that one is always the most up to date. the file has this format: (this is from memory so i have have a tag wrong.)

Quote:<strings>
<string><id>number</id><value>text</value></string>
</strings>

just change the text portion. then save the file as language\japanese\strings.xml and upload to your xbox to test. the language chooser uses the directory names to build the list.

and when you are done, please submit the updates to sourceforge!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d i want to "update" the german strings.xml file.
i want to do some corrections (typos) and add some strings.

how do i do that? exactly like you mentioned above?

so i am taking just the latest german strings.xml file, then i do my corrections and updates and then upload it to sourceforge?
thats it?

what if 2 or more users make updates and submit the same file to sourceforge? are you doing a file-diff?

could you please send me a link to the upload page on sourcefourge as i didn't found it.

thanks.

scape

My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq....anslations

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Language Updates0