MK809 can't play HD files help?
I was doing an xbmc install on this android MK809 mini pc. And the thing does not like xbmc it seems. I can get it to play SD files but the few HD files i tried just jump where it plays a second then kind of pauses and plays a couple seconds and pauses. I have not had the issue before and i have not really messed with these little mini PCs so not sure what to do.
if you are using Frodo 12.2 then this is to be expected as there is no hardware decoding. You need to run the at least the august release of Gotham.
I was told the only way to run those was by flashing the rom to a finless rom. Which I tried but computer won't see the device.
So your saying I can run Gotham?

I tried the alpha 1 version and it won't so anything it just says preparing for first run then goes black.
To flash it you should be able to follow the following link. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/201...ksPvGbD-Ah I know it isn't for your device but the instructions should be the same. Gotham does run on a newer chipset and is supposed to have hardware decoding starting with the august alpha monthly release which I can say mine does. The only other way I know to run XBMC on the stick is to run XAF XBMC. http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/05/04/fi...id-is-out/
I tried doing everything on there and the unit doesn't ever show up on my system to flash. In running the xaf with mx player at the moment.
Thinking of telling my friend to get the quad core 908
(2013-10-01, 18:54)ilovemymac Wrote: I was told the only way to run those was by flashing the rom to a finless rom. Which I tried but computer won't see the device.
So your saying I can run Gotham?

I tried the alpha 1 version and it won't so anything it just says preparing for first run then goes black.

My experience is quite good with the finless rom. So I think it would be a great first step. Then after that I still had some trouble, as you describe, with HD videos. I did a couple of things: (1) check out the advancedsettings.xml wiki page, it has a section for network buffering (that only works with Gotham), and (2) I switched to an ethernet cable instead of wifi. I tried both the buffering and cable at once, and I am not sure which did the trick. So you might just try the buffering options under the <network> tag first, and see how it goes.

I was surprised at how weak the wifi in my device turned out to be... since my other stuff uses wifi without a problem.
If I could get it to show up on the computer I could flash it.
I have found that the reset button is key to the flashing. Some of the devices do not have a reset button that can be hit with a paperclip and must be taken apart and jumpered when you plug it into power. Also make sure you hook up the correct micro usb port as this is key as well. Must be the port on the side of the stick not the end. I have the quad chip 3188 and it works great but I have an issue with the subtitles plugin within gotham. I have an open post on it but no one has posted to it yet with a fix.
There is only the full USB port and the micro USB on the end no side port on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MK809 can't play HD files help?0