Movie Extras and 3D cases
I know there are ways of getting movie extras to work but I'd like to know if there is a simple way or structure I can use to have my extras folder displayed within the main movie screen, or will be in the near future?

Also I had been reading up on the cdart option and seen a cool theme which I think they said was getting a public release this month, which allows you to rename a folder adding '3dbd' thus displaying a 3d blu-ray case. I can't mind what skin it was, MQ4 or something...

This doesn't work for me, will something like this be released?

One last thing, does your version of Nox update automatically and is there any visual indication of this happening?
Extrafanart backgrounds are available. You can enable/disable this view each view's "view settings".

I'm not sure if the 3d cases are available by default, but there is a little mod on the forum that make a few changes(3d being one of them).

Any skin that is in a repo, like this, is updated whenever the creators update the repo. That being said, we've been on version 4.0.9 for a long time(it's very stable).
Is there a certain way to set them up?

Having them as:

'moviename'
/extras
-extra1
-extra2

Displays them as multiple films. Would be nice if they were consolidated as the one entity.

I'll have a look for that mod thanks. A couple of my 3D movies show the 3D case but most are just normal BD cases, I'm not sure why that is.
Oh, that kind of extras. Uhm, I'm not sure. I've never seen extras displayed under each movie in xbmc before, so I'm going to assume that you can't do it :S

As for 3D movies, I think it only gets the 3D case if there's certain keywords in the filename(namely things like: 3d or 3dbd).
ie: Avatar.3dbd.2009
Should work to get the 3d case.
I am using the format 'Avatar.3D.SBS.Blu-Ray.mkv' to get 3D cases. 3DBD does not work for me. This also enables the new xbmc nightly versions to detect a movie as 3D in SBS format and the interface will automatically switch to SBS.
As far as "Extras" go, DVD Extras add on is the only one I have found. https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/. It's very versatile but still a work in progress. Works very nicely with my Aeon Nox skin. Will allow you to store your extras with your main feature if you like. I prefer an "Extras" sub folder so that file names are simplified and I can sort the videos in the order I like. Also has a "Play All" selection. Works using a button in your skin similar to "Trailers".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks for the help I'm finally getting somewhere.

Got the 3D cases working. I've found it HAS to have BluRay in the filename. BRRip or BDRip didn't work. The Folder title is irrelevant.

Just the extras now. I tried installing that add-on fromthe zip file but it didn't work. I managed to install it from a search in XBMC though.

Now I just don't know how to set it up. Default settings haven't been changed.

So I have

Moviename
/extras
-extra1
-extra2

And so on.

I am going to try renaming each extra adding the '-extra-' like it says in the add-on settings, but failing that I'm stumped.
(2013-10-02, 22:44)cas398 Wrote: Thanks for the help I'm finally getting somewhere.

Got the 3D cases working. I've found it HAS to have BluRay in the filename. BRRip or BDRip didn't work. The Folder title is irrelevant.

Just the extras now. I tried installing that add-on fromthe zip file but it didn't work. I managed to install it from a search in XBMC though.

Now I just don't know how to set it up. Default settings haven't been changed.

So I have

Moviename
/extras
-extra1
-extra2

And so on.

I am going to try renaming each extra adding the '-extra-' like it says in the add-on settings, but failing that I'm stumped.

Just wanted to make sure you moded your skin as described in the readme. Also, if your extras are in a sub folder you can name them however you like. I use something like [01]Behind the Scenes.mkv [02]Making of the Movie.mkv, etc. The brackets and numbers will determine the sorting but only the file name will appear in the extras menu.

If you continue to have problems getting this working you may want to post to their support thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125024. Many people there with a much better understanding of the addon than me.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I didn't as I couldn't find the readme. I did come across this page though which I guess is what you're talking about. I will have a go at it later, thanks.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Exclusions
That's what you need. I inserted the code for "Extras" button just below the code for the "Trailer" button. This placed the buttons beside each other in my skin.
Where abouts is the file located? I can't for the life of me find it, or even a Nox folder.
This will show you where the xbmc folder is. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata I know you're not looking for user data but the files you need will also be in the xbmc folder. will be something like XBMC/Addons/yourskin/1080i. Hope that helps, file locations vary with the type of machine you're using and skin.
Thank you. I was looking in my program files, doh!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Extras and 3D cases0