ASRock E350M1 compatibility
I purchased an ASRock E350M1 a while back and recently was going to add it as a 3rd HTPC in my house. My others are Zotac all-in-one boards and have performed flawlessly. The only movie that ever stuttered was a high bit rate The Hobbit 1080. After installing the latest XBMCbuntu ISO and installing it, I was rather surprised to find almost every movie stuttering to the point of it not being watchable. I tried to install older versions but with the same result. I would rather not add a video card because I really like the slim case and would rather stick to it if possible. Is this motherboard capable of doing this or will I need to purchase another board?

Also for more information, every thing in the house is wired 1gb connections.
I have the same card
did you try to install VAAPI?
Code:
sudo apt-get install xvba-va-driver libva-glx1 libva-egl1 vainfo
Nope, had no idea I needed to. I will definitely SSH in when I get home and try it. Is this just not done on the cd install? Do you not have any issues? What version are you running?
forget about vaapi on amd: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
xvba-va-driver has never worked well and is not maintained anymore.
(2013-10-01, 19:08)FernetMenta Wrote: forget about vaapi on amd: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
xvba-va-driver has never worked well and is not maintained anymore.

So I am guessing to scratch the above post, and that will not fix the problem? I am guessing another option is just to do my own install from scratch using that post above and I will learn more about it that way.
I don't know...
in my case almost worked...

Is there another way to solve the problem?
(2013-10-01, 19:44)protezio Wrote: I don't know...

What do you mean almost worked. Do you have the exact same board? Are you able to watch with no issues?
See the linked thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
besides the xvba enabled version? get the OSS radeon driver with vdpau support and running, but that is much more complicated.
Yeah let me read the entire thing, I am going to RTFM Smile
(2013-10-01, 20:01)reefcrazed Wrote:

What do you mean almost worked. Do you have the exact same board? Are you able to watch with no issues?

I saw some videos in 1080p and seem to work well...

sorry for my english
shame oibaf has removed glinterop from his ppa, it's makes life harder for us,
i've pinned the packages in synaptic so they don't get upgraded but leaves compiling from source for everyone else.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
He had no other choice. Mesa got new patches, gl interop v4 did not apply nor build anymore and ckoenig has well deserverd hollidays :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-10-01, 20:24)protezio Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 20:01)reefcrazed Wrote:

I saw some videos in 1080p and seem to work well...

sorry for my english

"almost" is the problem here. There's been issues which could not be solved with that driver.
Fritsch would you suggest me installing Ubuntu and then XBMC on top of it with regard to that post? If there is no issue with just using XBMCbuntu and making the changes, that is way easier. The post looks easy enough to follow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock E350M1 compatibility0