XBMCtorrent allows you to stream bittorrent magnet links right from XBMC, without having to wait for the whole file to download, thanks to sequential download (see FAQ).
plugin.video.xbmctorrent-0.6.4.zip (30 MB)
- OS X
- Raspberry Pi
- Android 4.0+
I can't code. How can I help?
Spread the word. Talk about it with your friends, show them, make videos, tutorials. Talk about it on social networks, blogs etc...
Does it work with all torrents?
No. Some torrents are known not to work. Most x264 and Xvid ones work pretty well, and some other. Some AVI files don't like to be streamed over HTTP, so YMMV. Of course, the goal is to shrink the number of torrents that don't work.
The plugin doesn't work at all, what can I do?
First of all, we need to make sure it's not the torrent fault. I usually test this by searching for small serie episodes on Piratebay. Try that, if it does't work, send me your xbmc.log.
Can I seek in a video?
Yes, although now if you try to seek to a part you haven't downloaded yet, XBMC will wait for that part to be available. This will be fixed in a future release.
Can it stream HD?
Of course! 720p and 1080p work fine, provided you have enough bandwidth, and there are enough people on the torrent (see video).
Doesn't sequential download on bittorrent is bad?
Generally, yes. However, XBMCtorrent respects the same requirements as "defined" by uTorrent 3 (http://www.utorrent.com/help/faq/ut3#faq2). Also, XBMCtorrent tries to make it up to the swarm by seeding while you watch the movie.
What about seeding?
XBMCtorrent will seed the file you're watching until it's finished playing. For instance, if the download of a 2 hours long movie is finished in 10 minutes, you'll continue seeding it until you finish watching the movie. This is by design, to make up for the fact that we are using sequential download.
Does it downloads the whole file? Do I need the space? Is it ever deleted?
Yes and yes. XBMCtorrent will pre-allocate the whole file before download. So if you want to watch a 4GB video, you'll need the 4GB. The file is deleted once you stop watching it, unless of course you change that in the settings.
Where is the file located? Can I change it?
If you don't set any download directory in the addon settings, the file will be download in the same directory as the torrent2http executable (in resources/bin/<OS>/ in the addon directory).
Can I keep the file after playback?
Yes, just enable this option in the addon settings.
Can I set it to download directly to my NAS and keep it after playback?
Yes of course. Just set the download directly to your NAS location, and make sure you have enabled "Keep files after playback" option.
Why are you using Google Analytics? Can I disable it?
First of all, your whole IP isn't tracked. Only the first 3 parts of it, thanks to Analytics Anonymous Mode. So for instance, if your IP is A.B.C.D, only A.B.C.0 will be logged.
Second, this is my only tool to track audience interest, this is great information, and it really helps.
Finally if you really want to, you can disable it in the addon settings (except for 1 GA event when you go in the addon).
If you are blocking GA on your computer altogether, you'll still be able to use the addon.
How can I report a bug?
If you can, file an issue over at https://github.com/steeve/xbmctorrent. It allows me to keep track of what doesn't work, and issue fixes accordingly, with tracking. If you can't, post here
How can I use the torrents from Chrome?
First of all, install Play-to-XBMC from khloke.
Then, follow the Play-to-XBMC install instructions:
Quote:Setup:Once you've done all that, simply right click on any magnet link, and select Play-to-XBMC > Play. Boom.
-On XBMC, go under System > Settings > Services > Webserver
-Enable "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP, leave the port as default or set it to something else (if you know what you're doing). Write down the port number.
-Username and password are optional
-Right click on the 'Play to XBMC' icon and select 'Options'
-Put in the IP address or hostname of your XBMC box and fill in the port number with the port number you wrote down earlier. Fill in the username and password if you entered one into XBMC.
Provider X is blocked in my country/ISP, how can I set another domain?
Enable Auto-Unblocking in the Addon Settings. If that doesn't work, go in Advanced > Custom Domains where to you can set each provider with whatever proxy you choose.
How can I use XBMC Library integration?
This is beta feature. Go in Addon Settings > Advanced > XBMC Library Integration and select Install. After that, just right click on any torrent and choose Add to Movies or Add to TV.
- KickassTorrents: Categories were not properly working
- Fix Director metadata
- Fix case where metadata would crash on Gotham
- Fix issue which would prevent certain providers from working altogether
- Fix issue which would prevent ThePirateBay from working
- Kickass Torrents: instant search results, feature complete (complete rewrite)
- BTDigg provider
- BitSnoop provider
- ExtraTorrent provider
- NyaaTorrents provider
- XBMC library integration (beta, install it via Addon Settings > Advanced > XBMC Library Integration)
- Support for .torrent files
- Torrent download speed improvements
- Native RSS Torrents support
- Clear cache via Settings/Advanced/Maintenance
- More than 50 of bug fixes and performance improvements
- Fix Immunicity (dumb mistake)
- Multi-tracker support, provides significant download speed improvements
- 1 click auto unblocking via Immunicity
- Magnet Booster is properly working now
- torrent2http now works on older Macs (Core 2 Duo etc...), >=10.6 is required.
- Option to disable Porn categories (in PirateBay for now)
- Fix TMDB (used by YIFY and Kickass)
- Fix ThePirateBay domain
- Disable GA's anonymous mode to fix event collection until next release
- Add support for Minix XBMC
- Allow for custom Android Application ID
- Update PirateBay domain in default settings
- Various fixes here and there
- Add Android 4.0+ support (OUYA, MK*...).
- Add OUYA: Support for XBMC, OUYA XBMC and SPMC (SemPer Media Center)
- Add Linux 32 bits support (XBMCbuntu)
- Add Gotham support
- Magnet booster (automatically adds popular trackers to a magnet, sounds dramatically increase startup speed)
- Support for UNC paths (smb://) on Windows
plugin.video.xbmctorrent-0.6.4.zip (30 MB)