Release - XBMCtorrent v0.6.4: torrent streaming for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 4.53 Average
steeve Offline
(2013-10-03 17:05)watanave Wrote:  But when I use XBMCtorrent and XBMC Subtitles opens a dialog searching for a subtitle to choose, a dialog of XBMCtorrent opens too showing info about the pears, speed, Etc. blocking the ability to choose subtitles and if you close the XBMCtorrent dialog stops the torrenting.

Yeah, it's a bug. Sorry about that.
In the mean time, replace the file at
Code:
%APPDATA%/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmctorrent/resources/site-packages/xbmctorrent/player.py

With the one at https://raw.github.com/steeve/xbmctorren.../player.py

I'll fix it in next release.
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-04 12:10 by steeve.)
find quote
watanave Offline
(2013-10-03 17:45)steeve Wrote:  
(2013-10-03 17:05)watanave Wrote:  But when I use XBMCtorrent and XBMC Subtitles opens a dialog searching for a subtitle to choose, a dialog of XBMCtorrent opens too showing info about the pears, speed, Etc. blocking the ability to choose subtitles and if you close the XBMCtorrent dialog stops the torrenting.

Code:
%APPDATA%/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmctorrent/resources/site-package/xbmctorrent/player.py

Thanks, steeve.

I will try later and I let you know.

Adiós.
find quote
mzup Offline
Is or will there be a way to limit the upload speed?
find quote
tomazy Offline
For the torrent's sake, I hope there will never ever be such an option :)
Limit the uplaod by 5/10% so you won't ruin your bandwidth is ok, but hey, the seeders helps you there ;)
find quote
steeve Offline
(2013-10-03 22:00)mzup Wrote:  Is or will there be a way to limit the upload speed?
Possible? Yes. Likely? Maybe not. We are using sequential download, so I want to be able to give back to the swarm as to limit hurting.

Also, things like Seed Ratio will be implemented in the future.
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-04 02:17 by steeve.)
find quote
watanave Offline
(2013-10-03 19:58)watanave Wrote:  
(2013-10-03 17:45)steeve Wrote:  

Code:
%APPDATA%/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmctorrent/resources/site-package/xbmctorrent/player.py

Thanks, steeve.

I will try later and I let you know.

Adiós.

Steeve,

I can confirm that the addon is now let me use XBMC Subtitles without a problem.

Gracias.
find quote
steeve Offline
Hey Mods,

I was wondering: shouldn't this thread be in the Video Addons section rather than the Program section?

Thanks!
find quote
steeve Offline
Alright guys, two big news:

First: Win32
Windows 32bits is coming! I now have a successfully running 32 bits version of torrent2http.

Second: Raspberry Pi
As of tonight I have a Raspberry Pi version running. Tested it on both OpenELEC.
Successfully streams 720p, but at 1080p my old SD card doesn't keep up so it's not very stable yet. But it works Smile
It's not very fast, but it works. However there is room for Python optimisation (what feels the most laggy), and memory consumption optimisation.
After all, my Raspberry Pi is 256mb
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-10 00:34 by steeve.)
find quote
steeve Offline
Hey guys,

Major new release just out. Lots of changes and new features. Check out the first page.

Changelog
v0.3.1
  • Fixed a bug in EZTV when browsing
v0.3.0
  • Windows 32 bits support
  • Raspberry Pi support
  • Seeking support (huge code overhaul in torrent2http
  • Huge speed improvements regarding loading of modules (makes a huge difference on Raspi)
  • Kickass now has metadatas
  • Can now set a Download path
  • Can now choose to keep the file after download
  • Can now set a Maximum Upload Speed
  • Can now set a Maximum Dowload Speed
  • Minimum memory mode for Raspberry Pi
  • torrent2http plays nice with the CPU on ARM
  • Lots of bugs fixed

Download
plugin.video.xbmctorrent_0.3.1.zip (23 MB)
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-17 19:47 by steeve.)
find quote
Htijmen Offline
Wow! Awesome update! Works great for me.The new features are very welcome. Please keep improving.... Many thanks.

BTW... You deserve more credits
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-18 10:03 by Htijmen.)
find quote
steeve Offline
(2013-10-18 10:00)Htijmen Wrote:  Wow! Awesome update! Works great for me.The new features are very welcome. Please keep improving.... Many thanks.

Thank you, much appreciated Smile

EDIT: By the way, I'm still trying to get this thread moved to the Video Addons section Smile
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-18 17:24 by steeve.)
find quote
ravl Offline
It works! (RPi+OpenElec) Thank you!

Can you add menu item "open torrent(file)"?
find quote
steeve Offline
(2013-10-18 18:22)ravl Wrote:  It works! (RPi+OpenElec) Thank you!

Can you add menu item "open torrent(file)"?

How you that work out? You would download a .torrent file, upload it somewhere?

The reason I'm asking is because XBMCtorrent exclusively works with magnet links (which is the future anyway).

I've added a "Open Raw Magnet Link" option, but XBMC doesn't support copy/paste, so I had to remove it Sad
But in theory we could do that.
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-19 01:01 by steeve.)
find quote
AaronCompNetSys Offline
There needs to be a way to register XBMC to handle magnet links, I'm sure you will understand better than I. now on Android I can click a magnet link in any browser which launches Transdroid to download to seedbox. (There are several apps/plugins for Windows as well to do the same thing.) Ideally an app on Android would support the magnet handle to pass links to XBMC the same way. Also, I can long press on Youtube links and Share with an application (I use Music Pump) to send Youtube URLs to XBMC which get launched in the YouTube plugin automatically. I can send a magnet link now but it doesn't work, maybe this is the first step?
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-19 03:14 by AaronCompNetSys.)
find quote
steeve Offline
(2013-10-19 03:10)AaronCompNetSys Wrote:  There needs to be a way to register XBMC to handle magnet links, I'm sure you will understand better than I. now on Android I can click a magnet link in any browser which launches Transdroid to download to seedbox. (There are several apps/plugins for Windows as well to do the same thing.) Ideally an app on Android would support the magnet handle to pass links to XBMC the same way. Also, I can long press on Youtube links and Share with an application (I use Music Pump) to send Youtube URLs to XBMC which get launched in the YouTube plugin automatically. I can send a magnet link now but it doesn't work, maybe this is the first step?

Yeah this is something I was thinking of. It's possible (as the thing to "play" a magnet link is just an addon url), but most likely would need implementing in a app (or in Music Pump) or the like.
But I've tried the Yatse remote (in which you can browse addons from the tablet) and it managed to send magnet links to XBMC on my TV.

I guess you're gonna have to ask the Music Pump guy for that feature Smile (which is pretty easy actually)
find quote