Release - XBMCtorrent v0.6.4: torrent streaming for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.5 Average
pengocha Offline
Got my raspberry pi yesterday, installed latest openelec and the addon works great ! A bit slower then on my laptop but that was expected.
find quote
enstine86 Offline
(2014-03-29 22:31)SneakerElph Wrote:  Any chance this add-on has support or is planning support for a SOCKS proxy like BTGuard?

+1 for this. I won't be using this add-on until this is a feature.
find quote
rojazx Offline
Seeking doesnt work. Takes me out of the video player every time. Im on Windows 7 XBMC 12.2

Is this normal? Is it planned to work sometime?

Great plugin. Absolutely amazing
find quote
nom3kop Offline
Great addon but I am getting playback failed messages when trying to stream something from EZTV. I have talked to some other people who also use this plugin and the same thing happens for them too. It doesn't happen all the time but some streams will start to download then fail while others work great.

I have also tested to make sure the file is not corrupted by downloading it directly from EZTV.it and opening it in xbmc.

To reproduce the error you can try Suits.S03E11. I would say with my experience about 1/3 of eztv on XBMCTorrent causes this error.

Here is my log. Playback failed message on line 2961.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=170469
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-10 21:06 by nom3kop.)
find quote
tapia Offline
Hi! First I want to say that this is an amazing plugin for XBMC and I thank the programmer(s) a lot. For me it works very good, but I have one question. Is it possible to change the port that is used to download the torrents?
find quote
Arse4life Offline
Any assistance with finding out the directory where the files get downloaded to? I'm using openelec 3.2.4 on RPi. My sd card seems to be decreasing in storage. I didn't give it a download path nor enabled keep files. I'd appreciate any help to get rid of these files. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-12 05:08 by Arse4life.)
find quote
seminole21 Offline
I just put XBMC on my new Amazon Fire TV, and can't figure out how to install XBMCtorrent. The usb port on the Amazon Fire TV doesn't connect with portable drives.
find quote
theholymoma Offline
i get error addon.py
find quote
WouterTron Offline
I'm going crazy. Whatever I try to download now is automatically 'queued' and never downloads. I don't know how/where/when to queue stuff. I have never seen any queue in the add-on. Meanwhile I keep seeing mentions of a queue feature in various places online, with no explanation of how to access or use it. Someone help me, please!
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-13 19:32 by WouterTron.)
find quote
juliusc Offline
Hey all,
I spent a while to understand why this addon didn't work and finally found that kaspersky consider torrent2http.exe as a trojan.
I was able to see the list of film but wasn't able to download them.
Maybe it will help some of you.
find quote
seminole21 Offline
(2014-04-07 08:38)tivimac Wrote:  Hello Steve:

I will like to know if you or somebody had been tested xbmctorrent with Amazon Fire TV (running XBMC)? If so this will be huge... Fire OS is based on KITKAT (4.4.2) and XBMC is running already as a sideload app.

Somebody doing this?

I installed it on my friends Amazon Fire TV, because he didn't have the technical knowledge to install it. I tested it out for a minute or two on two different videos and it worked well. However, he is now saying that when he tried to run a video off XBMCtorrent, it restarts the Amazon Fire TV. Not sure what the issue is. Perhaps the Amazon Fire TV's partitioning isn't setup for XBMCtorrent? 1Channel is still working for him, so I'm not sure how to identify the issue
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-15 18:46 by seminole21.)
find quote
kenh8lover Offline
It reset the fire tv box after playing for a while, sometime it finished a whole movie.
find quote
gotega Offline
This addon doesn't seems to work for me. When I select something to watch, it stays on downloading metadata. I already tried to disable my antivirus and firewall, but it changed nothing. I can download torrents just fine on my PC, don't know what's wrong with this addon.
find quote
pengocha Offline
I think i stumbled on a bug today... I was testing raspmc for my raspberry pi (amber skin).
When i set protocol encryption to forced either the torrent streams with sound but no picture (mostly with sd) or the torrent streams 1second and goes back to the menu (mostly with hd).
When i set encryption to enabled the same torrent streams fine.
I've tried this with different torrents from eztv and yify.
Not a big thing but i thought i'd mention it.
find quote
farrc Offline
Is there a way to integrate showrss feeds into xbmctorrent?
find quote