Release - XBMCtorrent v0.6.4: torrent streaming for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 4.53 Average
Aaiemron Offline
How do I have to format a sd card which I use in a Minix Neo X8-H? In XBMCTorrent I want to make a downloadpath on sd card. But I've tried fat32, ntsf, ext4, but I always get a message, can,t write to sd card. (Sorry for my English)
Is there any way to write to a sd card in XBMCTorrent?
find quote
knaanbraz Offline
hi,

ill be very grateful if someone will help me,

when i use xmbctorrent and try to play something i get script error. this is what the log file showes:

15:47:28 T:5744 NOTICE: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\USER\\\xd7\xaa\xd7\x95\xd7\x9b\xd7\xa0\xd7\x95\xd7\xaa\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.​confluence\\addon.xml'
15:47:28 T:5744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\USER\\\xd7\xaa\xd7\x95\xd7\x9b\xd7\xa0\xd7\x95\xd7\xaa\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.​confluence\\addon.xml'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\addon.py", line 7, in <module>
plugin.run()
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\resources\sit​e-packages\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 334, in run
items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\resources\sit​e-packages\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
listitems = view_func(**items)
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\resources\sit​e-packages\xbmctorrent\magnet.py", line 58, in play
TorrentPlayer().init(uri).loop()
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\resources\sit​e-packages\xbmctorrent\player.py", line 232, in loop
with closing(OverlayText(w=OVERLAY_WIDTH, h=OVERLAY_HEIGHT, alignment=XBFONT_CENTER_X | XBFONT_CENTER_Y)) as overlay:
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\resources\sit​e-packages\xbmctorrent\player.py", line 55, in __init__
viewport_w, viewport_h = self._get_skin_resolution()
File "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmctorrent\resources\sit​e-packages\xbmctorrent\player.py", line 94, in _get_skin_resolution
tree = ET.parse(os.path.join(skin_path, "addon.xml"))
File "D:\USER\������\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "D:\USER\������\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 647, in parse
source = open(source, "rb")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\USER\\\xd7\xaa\xd7\x95\xd7\x9b\xd7\xa0\xd7\x95\xd7\xaa\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.​confluence\\addon.xml'
-->End of Python script error report<--

tnx![/quote]
find quote
cusquinho Offline
I've been having a strange behavior, maybe someone can help. When I click a torrent (any location) it stays for like 5-10 min in downloading metadata with 0 seeds and 0 peers. Then all of a sudden it gets tons of peers and seeds and starts downloading very fast and playing. I have a 50mb connection, no ISP blocks, and the same torrent on utorrent starts right away. Any ideas? Thanks
find quote
Merlijn55 Offline
Hi, I installed XBMCTorrent and have been really liking it so far. But it is a bit a hassle to go through different sources, and then choose a letter....

Is there a way to configure XBMCTorrent so that it has a skin like PopcornTime and that the files are always sorted on popularity... (basically exactly as in Popcorn Time)?

Thanks anyway for the great addon!
find quote
Cee604 Offline
Heres what happens when you use this addon in Canada.

Dear Subscriber,

Content owners that hold property rights for material such as movies, music and other content, actively monitor Internet activity to protect their rights. We have been notified by a content owner that your Internet Protocol (IP) address has been associated with copyright infringement. As part of new Canadian copyright legislation*, we are obliged to forward to you the attached copy of the content owner's notice. We are unaware of the full details and merit of this infringement claim. If you have questions concerning this matter, please contact the content owner directly. Contact information is listed in the attached notice.

Infringement of copyright laws may result in the content owner pursuing remedies available under applicable laws to protect their interests. We encourage enabling secured passwords on your home Wi-Fi network if you have one to avoid unauthorized use of your Internet connection.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
find quote
locoguano Offline
Fan
(2014-09-01 17:57)Cee604 Wrote:  Heres what happens when you use this addon in Canada.

Dear Subscriber,

Content owners that hold property rights for material such as movies, music and other content, actively monitor Internet activity to protect their rights. We have been notified by a content owner that your Internet Protocol (IP) address has been associated with copyright infringement. As part of new Canadian copyright legislation*, we are obliged to forward to you the attached copy of the content owner's notice. We are unaware of the full details and merit of this infringement claim. If you have questions concerning this matter, please contact the content owner directly. Contact information is listed in the attached notice.

Infringement of copyright laws may result in the content owner pursuing remedies available under applicable laws to protect their interests. We encourage enabling secured passwords on your home Wi-Fi network if you have one to avoid unauthorized use of your Internet connection.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
It depends on the torrent site. This is why, for the most part, I use private trackers. This addon uses public trackers and many of those are tracked, especially HBO content.
find quote
Sparhawk76 Offline
I like the idea behind XBMCtorrent but the Library integration kinda sucked in my opinion. I wanted a way to automatically add the results of searches to my library, did some searching but nothing quite did what I wanted it to. So to fill that hole I created a set of bash scripts to connect to Public Trackers and create .strm files from the magnet links it finds.

This is the first time I have felt what I have coded is useful and robust enough to actually release, so I created a repo on github and posted my scripts there.

Announcing Torrentscrape for XBMCtorrent, it can be obtained from:

https://github.com/Sparhawk76/torrentscrape

Hope this comes in handy to someone, if you really like it feel free to shoot me some bitcoin at 1F3mtKyeHWyUwUBN8ckkSozcemVXFaSLMp
find quote