Raspberry Pi and Touch Screen
I'm looking at possibilities to have RaspBMC work with a small touch screen, so I can put it in the kitchen to stream my music.

I've had a quick scan on Google but I can't seem to find a solution where people have put a guide against. Would anyone know where to start with this?
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to buy a used or older Android tablet for 100-150 bucks and just mount that? It already has a functional touch screen and can run xbmc. I know I see cheap older model android tablets all the time. You could even use a nook hd and root/install cyanogenmod.

I think this route would be far easier and everything would be self contained.
Interesting and a good idea. Would you have an older model that has been successful in installing XBMC? Hopefully I can get my hands on one here in the UK...
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Another option is headless RPI with XBMC controlled by XBMC Remote from Tablet or Phone.
Any android tablet should work, you'll just have to apply the correct build based on the hardware (neon vs non-neon). And I only mentioned old tablet because you may get some cost savings. Any android tablet running ICS or JB should be fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi and Touch Screen0