List of items of variable height
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out skinning, and I have a list of textboxes whose content will be of variable height.

Eg:

Code:
<content>
    <item>
        <label>Kitten</label>
        <label2>Aliquam tincidunt laoreet sodales. Mauris eget felis et dui faucibus dictum.</label2>
        <onclick>noop</onclick>
    </item>
    <item>
        <label>Puppy</label>
        <label2>Curabitur auctor nulla augue, sed vestibulum elit pulvinar id. Sed eget hendrerit diam. Proin commodo justo magna, quis sodales velit aliquet nec. In aliquam consectetur magna a tincidunt. Morbi fermentum tellus ac sagittis semper. Integer fermentum luctus erat quis interdum. Donec congue urna lacus, a auctor purus vehicula vel. Suspendisse ultricies nibh dapibus interdum scelerisque. Phasellus eu nunc lacus. </label2>
        <onclick>noop</onclick>
    </item>
    <item>
        <label>Bunneh</label>
        <label2>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam eget justo felis. Maecenas condimentum massa vel magna placerat lobortis. Nullam consectetur lacinia varius. Integer eu arcu in justo congue iaculis ac a enim. Proin eu dolor lacus. Nulla ultrices massa vel magna iaculis vestibulum a nec diam.</label2>
        <onclick>noop</onclick>
    </item>
</content>

Is there a way to display this list so that each control is only as big (height wise) as needed to contain the text content?
nope. not possible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That makes me sad face. I guess I'll put it all on one giant label. Or try and guess what the max size will be. Oh well.
You can't control the height of the label or textbox at present (there's no autoheight control). There's no particular reason why this wouldn't be accepted if a patch was done based on the autowidth labels.

Note that this wouldn't change the fact that containers have equal-sized items, but it would potentially mean that a grouplist might be usable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List of items of variable height0