Can I install XMBC directly on Mybook Live?
Good evening,

Hopefully this is the correct form to post my question, else forgive me and please put it in the correct one.
I have a WD Mybook Live 3TB which I am also using as a media server for my Samsung tv. I have Twonky installed (god knows how since I am a newbie, but it worked), but I feel limited. I am wondering whether I could replace Twonky with XBMC somehow?

Thanks.
Your answer is no. XBMC will not work on the WD Live.
This is questionable? My book live use Linux to run twonky. So why cant I replace it with kodi
It uses a very cut-down version of Linux (usually something like busybox) which misses an awful lot of the required support structure.

Plus the WD products are very low power and almost certainly wouldn't have enough capacity to run Kodi in any sensible fashion (they struggle to even run a Plex server with any usability).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, the much more pressing reason for this device to not run Kodi is that it has no video out capability. Kodi plays video, this device has no video hardware (at all). It couldn't even run an X server, let alone play video with hardware acceleration.

Even if you could run X on it, how would you connect it to a display?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I install XMBC directly on Mybook Live?0