Linux - Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Votes - 4.67 Average
digi_joe Offline
(2014-10-23 08:43)fritsch Wrote:  We are starting to release "kodi" and therefore there won't be any package in fernetmenta-master ppa anymore that is named xbmc.

For a smooth transition (for already installed versions) not very much needs to be done:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin

Now edit the /etc/init/xbmc.conf and replace the /usr/bin/xbmc command with /usr/bin/kodi

on reboot everything should be fine. Your .xbmc directory will get automatically transfered.

Just a question: Will the kodi version also receive live tv support. Seems like the pvr addons are missing in the ppa and just copying the stuff from /usr/share/xbmc to /use/share/kodi did not work for me Sad so I went back to xbmc for now.
find quote
deadite66 Offline
Donor
noticed the same when i tried kodi on my desktop, no option to see non enabled addons.

Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE (E2-2000 with HD7340) 60GB SSD + 2TB WD Caviar Green : xubuntu Trusty x64 : 3.14.2, (mythtv 0.27+fixes + 2x PCTV 290e DVB-T2)
Acer aspire revo R3600 Ubuntu Oneiric.
ASRock ION 3D, atom D525/ion2, 2GB ram, 1TB HDD running Ubuntu Precise. - in storage

find quote
lakemalcom Offline
You need to copy:

/usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth
/usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr

to:

/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth
/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr

This is probably a terrible idea for when the packaging is fixed, so remember this when you do an update...

Edit: or you know, your respective PVR addons from the /usr/lib directory

Edit2: or apparently this lets you watch recordings but not live tv
(This post was last modified: Today 08:47 by lakemalcom.)
find quote