Linux No digital optical audio after hardware change
Video 
Hi

I realize there are many forum posts regarding audio issues when using optical, however mine differs slightly from the ones I have already read through.

My audio was working perfectly on Frodo up until I changed my hardware slightly. I'm running on an Asus AT5iont-i motherboard which only has HDMI as a video output, previously I had a cheap graphics card installed as I needed VGA to go to my projector.

I now have a new tv which has no VGA so I am forced to remove the video card and go back to the on board HDMI. It is since then that my audio has stopped working. When set to Optical/Coax I have system sounds and menu clicks, but no audio when I try to play a DTS film. When set to Analogue the audio works fine. I have reinstalled Frodo but this hasn't helped.

To me it seems that changing from a graphics card to the on board HDMI has affected the optical audio, does this seem possible? I don't mind buying a new graphics card with HDMI if it will fix it. And I didn't really want to try other fixes people have tried if it is as simple as a new graphics card.

Not that it should make a huge difference but i'm using openelec.

I hope someone can help Smile
you did set the correct audio devices and passthrough settings?
Hey thanks for your reply

I've just got it to work, turns out it was my amp all along. I tried a different optical input on the amp and it just started working. Its weird though as I got all the system sounds, and ive used that optical input before and never had any issues. I only found out about this after I reinstalled xbmc twice though lol.

Thanks again for your reply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No digital optical audio after hardware change0