XBMC without Jailbreak
Hi,

I'm have a developer account with apple, but would like to know how to install xbmc on my iDevices without Jailbrake, because as developer there are sometimes need to have have it without it.

Please any help and information.

Thanks
All documented in the readme:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...README.ios

See point 8.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Guys so I've managed this for XBMC 13.2 thanks Memphiz for the force sign of libs, but I'm struggling to do this for Kodi 14.0 any pointers would be helpful also if anyone has a pre created ipa for 14.0 that would be awesome as I'm struggling with the compile for silly reasons ATM

Thanks Again as I've been waiting for this for a long time
Fix the silly reasons. (if you are using xcode 6.x then you will need this PR for compile: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5403 )
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
This is not working on my iPhone 6:
Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
  Referenced from: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/A8434D78-BAC2-457A-989B-1F33F12BB303/Kodi.app/Kodi
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/A8434D78-BAC2-457A-989B-1F33F12BB303/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04609000, size=0x003BE000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/A8434D78-BAC2-457A-989B-1F33F12BB303/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/A8434D78-BAC2-457A-989B-1F33F12BB303/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04B6A000, size=0x003BE000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/A8434D78-BAC2-457A-989B-1F33F12BB303/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
what is "this"
"This" is compiling and running with a dev certificate.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
Could you give some more hints on the used env? I do it all the time and it works for me (currently using 10.9.5 and Xcode 6.1 compiling against ios sdk 8.1 deploying to iPad Mini Retina running ios 8.1 non-jb)
@Memphiz I'm compiling against iOS SDK 8.1 using Xcode 6.1 on 10.10 Yosemite.
My device is an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1 .
Kodi 15 on:
This is from running in the debugger is it?
Yes, it is.
Kodi 15 on:
Ok i did the following on my macmini running yosemite 10.10
1. wiped out /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/
2. git clean -xfd in my src dir
3. fetched upstream and reset --hard to master in my working copy
4. Followed the readme.ios
5. after make xcode_depends i opened Kodi.xcodeproj in xcode
6. in the buildconfig for the kodi-ios target i have set my signing identity
7. i have build the project
8. run the project on my ipad mini retina running ios 8.1 non-jailbroken

It deployed and started fine. I also added an nfs source and samba source for a quick test and played a movie.

So i really started from scratch on this and it worked for me. I have no clue what would be different on your setup.
Ok, just cleaning the repo without deleting /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ doesn't work. Just modified my script and started it, I hope that that's the solution.
Kodi 15 on:
Ok, the first make process after the configure exits with the following error:

Code:
make[2]: *** [/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/tarballs/libpng-1.2.38.tar.gz] Error 7
make[1]: *** [libpng-native] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

So I believe there is a problem with getting the tarballs. My whole output: http://yanniks.de/dl/kodiout.txt
Kodi 15 on:
I think your tarball was broken on the first download . check /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/tarballs/libpng-1.2.38.tar.gz for existence and size. If in doubt remove it and let it redownload. Also you should run the depends with "make" without -j so you can see if there are other packages not downloaded correctly. Whenever you stop at a package you need to

make -C tools/depends/target/<brokenpackage>/ distclean && make -C tools/depends/target/<brokenpackage>

For rebuilding it. Do this until no errors crawl up during depends to ensure everything(!) was built successfully.

Due to the big number of dependencies there is always a possiblity of broken downloads and so on. Once you are in that state running make -j<number of processes> won't work correctly anymore and might even hide errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC without Jailbreak0