wip: addon for academic-earth
here is my addon for academic earth:
http://hyper.homeftp.net/xbmc/plugin.vid...-earth.zip

some of the course videos are not hosted on ae (they are on the schools website -- e.g. mit's open-course-ware). i havent found a way to scape those yet.

thanks,
You know that there is already a (good) Academic Earth Add-on in the official repository?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
it doesnt work for me.
also, learning a lot about python, xbmc, youtube internals so this hasnt been a waste of my time.
thanks,
In regard to the official Academic Earth plugin, it's not working for me either. It needs fixing. The webpage may have changed or something.

Your code is having an error when I can find a video to play.

Code:
15:03:20 T:4867248128   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 's2' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/xyz/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.schneidz-academic-earth/default.py", line 196, in <module>
                                                playvid(url)
                                              File "/Users/xyz/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.schneidz-academic-earth/default.py", line 76, in playvid
                                                s1 = re.search('url=(http.+?)\\\\', s2)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 's2' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:03:20 T:4867248128    INFO: Python script stopped

If I indent your playvid(url) function from:
Code:
def playvid(url):
html=urllib2.urlopen(url).read().replace(",","\\\n")
for line in html.split("\n"):
     if "itag=22" in line:
        s2 = line
sig = re.search('sig=(.+?)\\\\', s2)
yturl = s1.groups() + sig.groups()
yturl = str(tuple(yturl))
yturl = yturl.replace("', '","&signature=")
yturl = yturl.replace("%3A",":")
yturl = yturl.replace("%2F","/")
yturl = yturl.replace("%3F","?")
yturl = yturl.replace("%3D","=")
yturl = yturl.replace("%252C","%2C")
yturl = yturl.replace("%26","&")
yturl = yturl.replace("%253A",":")
yturl = yturl.replace("('","\"")
yturl = yturl.replace("')","\"")
yturl = yturl.replace('"','')
print "\n yturl.replace = " + yturl
xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER).play(yturl)

to:

Code:
def playvid(url):
html=urllib2.urlopen(url).read().replace(",","\\\n")
for line in html.split("\n"):
     if "itag=22" in line:
        s2 = line
        sig = re.search('sig=(.+?)\\\\', s2)
        yturl = s1.groups() + sig.groups()
        yturl = str(tuple(yturl))
        yturl = yturl.replace("', '","&signature=")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%3A",":")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%2F","/")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%3F","?")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%3D","=")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%252C","%2C")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%26","&")
        yturl = yturl.replace("%253A",":")
        yturl = yturl.replace("('","\"")
        yturl = yturl.replace("')","\"")
        yturl = yturl.replace('"','')
        print "\n yturl.replace = " + yturl
        xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER).play(yturl)

Then the video plays, but if I stop the video or let it play to the end, then playback of the same video in a continuous loop.
At that point I have to kill XBMC process. It has to do with how you call the xbmc.Player. There is an indirect way to play a resolved url which opens the player for you without a direct call.
not exactly sure how to prevent auto-looping (pressing stop/back numerous times usually prevents it from reloading the same video).

can you point me to some source code that would illustrate the direct/indeirect call ?

edit:
oh wait you mite be talking about calling the youtube addon; i tried it but had the same problem so i decided hardcod parsing of the the youtube page for some reason.
Link to another forum with an example. Nice is you can follow the code progress with comments.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wip: addon for academic-earth0