Super simple interface
Star 
i have 2 xboxes running xbmc and i want one of them to run an extremely cut down and simplified version of xbmc for my daughter.

the only options that i want to be available to her are to play films from the hdd and to play games from the hdd.

looking through the .xml file i can see that i can remove various buttons eg "my files" which is great and looking through the keymap.xml i can see that i can remove certain buttons such as the context button (also great).

however when she selects for example a film to play how can i remove the other options such as "view" or "stack" ?

ideally i just want her to have an icon driven interface with minimal options. all she needs to do is choose between movies and games and then select the game or movie to play.
no other options are required for her.

can anyone help please ?
the exact same way. they're just buttons in the skin files.

see the online manual for more information on skinning.

you should be able to remove all the buttons on the left pretty much and just leave the list or thumb view.

you could add in a button on the left to go back to home (or even to go to games) if you want. all is possible with the skin engine.

have a play and see what you come up with. when you have specific questions to ask, ask them Smile

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the spongebob skin i made was for this same reason. i released it with all the options, but the version on my kids xbox has no way of messing anything up. the only problem is when you do want to change something you can't. the skin is avail at xboxskins still, i think. not sure if it will work with the latest cvs?
i don't suppose it is possible to put a lock on the settings screen?
i believe this is supported, yes. you could always just not have the button present and do the activatewindow(settings) via http/ftp when you need it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super simple interface0