[openelec] Can't wake from suspend
I've just installed OpenElec 3.2.1 on a Acer Revo RL80 and it is running wonderfully apart from its inability to wake from suspend via my Harmony remote. I've had this issue before on XBMCbuntu on a different machine and fixed it by editing /proc/acpi/wakeup and enabling the correct USB port. This doesn't seem to be possible with openelec (or I'm doing something wrong). At the moment /proc/acpi/wakeup tells me that all USB ports are disabled. Bios setting are correctly set to allow wake via usb so I'm hoping someone is able to help me?

Thanks.
Same problem here on zbox AD02 (Fusion E-350) with a hama remote! The bios is also set to allow wake on usb.
I'm still looking for help with this if anyone can offer up some suggestions?
I had a similar problem after upgrading Ubuntu from 11.10 to 12.04 and I followed the tips here to resolve the issue by creating a new rule: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1968487

I found I also had to remove my old /proc/acpi/wakeup entry in my startup because it seemed to conflict with the new rule.
Thanks artrafael. I think the problem is definitely related to that but being OpenELEC makes it quite tricky to fix as you don't have as much write access as a standard Ubuntu install. Someone with greater Linus knowledge than me would I'm sure be able to work around the limitations but I think I'm going to be able to resolve the issue by installing an internal IR sensor.
Follow the instructions in this post, code boxes 1,2,3 + 5. (#5 just run the commands in the code box, dont worry about adding it to rc.local)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid835642

Does it help?
Ok, I shall give that a go this evening before i install the internal IR as it may help others who have the RL80.

Thanks!
are you guys trying to wake from suspend trying to wake through USB 3.0?

I had openelec installed on a gigabyte brix, and went through all the links and did all the steps everyone recommended but couldn't get it to wake on USB for the life of me. It worked fine no XBMCbuntu though no issues. The Brix only has USB 3.0 ports.

Well i just installed openelec on an Intel Nuc... and everything is working fine with wake from USB. I wonder if it's an issue with USB 3.0
(2013-11-16, 01:21)shortskoolbus Wrote: are you guys trying to wake from suspend trying to wake through USB 3.0?

I had openelec installed on a gigabyte brix, and went through all the links and did all the steps everyone recommended but couldn't get it to wake on USB for the life of me. It worked fine no XBMCbuntu though no issues. The Brix only has USB 3.0 ports.

Well i just installed openelec on an Intel Nuc... and everything is working fine with wake from USB. I wonder if it's an issue with USB 3.0

More likely an issue with the Gigabyte Brix itself: http://www.twistedethics.com/2013/09/15/...ke-on-lan/
That link is in regards to WOL, which I had no issue with on my Brix. I can wake it from LAN on S3. Issue is with waking from USB, and I doubt it's a problem specific to the Brix, since as I mentioned I can wake from XBMCbuntu with zero issues. Still points to compatibility between openelec and the Brix. Would be interested if the instructions posted in teeedubb's link worked for OP. Did not work for me when running openelec.
(2013-11-16, 02:16)shortskoolbus Wrote: That link is in regards to WOL, which I had no issue with on my Brix. I can wake it from LAN on S3. Issue is with waking from USB, and I doubt it's a problem specific to the Brix, since as I mentioned I can wake from XBMCbuntu with zero issues. Still points to compatibility between openelec and the Brix. Would be interested if the instructions posted in teeedubb's link worked for OP. Did not work for me when running openelec.

Does the device youre tying to wake from show as being enabled when running code box three (modified to suit your system)?
Sorry, but what's code box three? I know the same device, same openelec works on the Intel NUC.
Post #6 in this thread has a link to instructions on how to check/enable wake on usb, the third code box has a command to see if wake is enabled (youll need to follow the first two code boxes to get the usb device id)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[openelec] Can't wake from suspend0