Slow, Error Codes and Network problem
Exclamation 
Hi, I have installed XBMC v11.0 (Eden) on my Apple TV 1st Gen. I'm Running the AppleTV with the original iOS with the Launcher, I have downloaded and installed XBMC from this Launcher.

XBMC running fine for some days, but one night, I begin to get some problems.

- Youtube : After few videos, I get a notice about the cache; The cache is full, but no option or anything to clear or edit setting of the cache. I have added fusion.xbmchub.com Repository for downloading the XBMCHub Maintenance, this Tools can clean the cache. My Youtube running most faster now, but need to clear cache after few videos.

- Network : At the begin, I have successfully play some files over my Network. the ATV is connected with wire on the network, I have begin to listen Desperate Housewives in AVI DivX 700kbps. In the middle on season One and for all other videos, I get very slow speed, can't view all video without many buffering and/or video stop (and back to file list). I have tried to copy file on the ATV HDD but get very slow speed (200-500kb/s) and after few moment is stopped with failure.

SOLVED : The network problem is the Apple Airport. My device filter and/or block the SMB or all network communications. I have replaced the Airport by a D-Link Wireless Router (WBR-2310) and get nice speed (5~7Mb/s). Apple devices is not really good for networking.

- After one week of use with the XBMC installed, I begin to get some errors codes; 2, 4, 10 and 11. I get this codes few times in the Starting up of XBMC, When I move in Files list or when I am away of the machine. I not find description for this error codes.

- USB : I can't connect USB drive on the ATV, I have USB HDD 2.0 in HFS+, i have plugged in the USB port, I have booted the ATV after and the XBMC can't see the drive (I not look in the iOS because don't use it). I have googled for find way to correctly use the USB HDD with XBMC but not find any great solution.

Before post it here, I have read and tested some tips;
- Disabled AutoTunning on my Windows 7 computer (the Host of my videos files on the nework)
- Disabled auto thumb creation and others auto feature (including update) and synchronisation
- I have restarted ATV few times, keeped it down for a day before retest streaming video on network etc... I got always problems.

The XBMC is a great solution for Windows User, because don't need to re-encode all video on the ATV format and can use many plugins to add more feature on the ATV-XBMC (like Tou.TV, Arte and few mores).

My Routeur is a AirPort Express up to date and all computer and devices is wired.

Thank for your Help and sorry for my bad English.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow, Error Codes and Network problem0