set new hardware for XBMC
Hello I guess I need your knowledge to help me find a hardware and to set it up so I can use the XBMC.
The only thing I know is how to add add-ons and I used to have an apple tv2 that broke down. I wasn't realy happy with the apple tv2 and I had my macbook pro running XBMC for a while !
I am looking for a hardware that supports 1080p and surround sound and will not get stacked like the apple tv2! it made a lot of time to download and to access the XBMC!
My budget is up to 250 euro and I can be flexible if something is a little bit more expensive.
I tried to watch many platforms how do they behave like android, linux openelec, but I didn't get a clear point of vie..
I want if it is possible my new hardware to have a bit more functions like internet or apps !
As my user name suggest I am a newbie here so I tried to read some threads and I got lost Sad
If someone can give me advise what to buy and how I would be able to configure it I would be grateful!
noone? I further read some threads...
which would you recommend?
intel nuc i3? or the lenovo q190?
I know how to build the nuc but it comes a bit expensier due to the ssd disk. (I already have 4gb ram when I upgraded my macbook pro )
the problem is I don't know how to program it :O
any help would be nice !
or any idea about those android devices: minix neo x7, ouya and some others?
I guess I am asking a lot of questions sorry :/
If you don't need full 3D. A Celeron NUC is a good purchase.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

and afterwards how do I install xbmc? like my mac's? will I have dts? which operating system?
OpenELEC. With DTS via HDMI.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I have an Ouya, an MX2 and I am building a windows i3 system.

The ouya is much faster than the MX2, but the MX2 gives you more of an appliance feel as it has a remote in the box and their biggest push to sell them is XBMC. The ouya is great, i personally had troubles with it seeing my attached storage every time i started it. very frustrating with a wife and 2 small kids that want to watch when i am not home. Neither of these will run 3D and the MX2 only does 720.

A Nuc is just a small PC, you get RAM and a mSata SSD to complete it.
You can use Openelec (will be very fast, but no Netflix support)
Windows or Linux. All have advantages and disadvantage

If you have the money, go the way of the Nuc or build a PC, you will get better speed, compatibility with almost all plugins (depending on your OS)
and there will be no workarounds needed to work with your system.

thank you for your replies! I will read some more threads and when I get to a conclusion I will ask you for what you think Smile
Other option outside NUC is a nettop like the Acer RL80 which is currently available at £130 -
Stick a linux OS on it and xbmc - sorted

Im in a similiar situation as yourself but Im looking for possibly 3 client devices and therefore something as cheap as possible.

Might actually have a look at the ouya - all I want is stable xbmc done cheap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set new hardware for XBMC0