Linux AMD A6-6400 / XBMC 13 alpha8 / AMD 13.10 beta driver
Something interesting.

I've just loaded the latest AMD 13.10 beta drivers on my system, and the CPU Load has dropped TREMENDOUSLY!!!
I'm still early in my testing.

Here's my system:
AS Rock A7 rev. 2
AMD A6 6400 - Dual Core
Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Tail - mini.iso
XBMC 13 alpha8 - FernetMenta's ppa (Master)
AMD 13.10 beta driver (fglrx)

before, at least one CPU would ALWAYS be maxed out at 100%, now there seems to be an even share of the load, and it stays around 10-20%
CPU temps have stayed low as well.

Interested to know if there are others out there with this build with similar findings.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I tried to verify this. As this problem was in deed our problem since last year October.

As we are currently shipping XvBA in all OpenELEC stable builds and abondoned it already in master in favor of the OSS drivers, I thought of releasing a final XvBA OpenELEC version with 13.10beta + kernel 3.11 + HD Audio patches.

But sadly the issue still persists. Btw. there is _no_ problem, when you run xbmc in 60hz only, then the CPU won't max out, but if you want to play 1080i50 on 50hz and 24p or 24.0hz at this frequency the driver starts to vsync at a 100% CPU load - which is a no go for htpc users.

And btw. we have dropped xvba out of fernetmenta's master - it is not there anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thnks for the clarification on the original issue.

yes, I've noticed that the option for XvBA is no longer in the PPA:.

so then, is my XBMC using the generic OSS VDPAU drivers by default?
or still the fglrx, since that's what is loaded?
I actually have them both installed. not sure what that means, but it works.

...confused, because of my issues with XBMC that I stated in the OSS Radeon thread you started.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Debug Log will reveal.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A6-6400 / XBMC 13 alpha8 / AMD 13.10 beta driver0