Scraping and Matching Question
If I want to re-scrape my library for just a particular item, such as the updated ratings from the 3 sources for each movie, and I choose the "search & scrape selected movies - force best match" option... will it use the current movie IDs that were originally scraped to update that metadata? Or will it attempt to find a best match all over again? I originally manually chose the correct match of each movie on my initial additions and there were some that didn't have the correct movie selected... I don't want to lose that accuracy. Thanks!
"force best match" or even search/normal scrape always uses the exisiting IDs prior everything else.
Once you have these IDs, you might always get a 100% match Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
well, just to re-fetch meta data for existing entities, you might just right click and choose "scrape meta data for selected movies" - there is no need to do a search
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-03-18, 21:03)myron Wrote: "force best match" or even search/normal scrape always uses the exisiting IDs prior everything else.
Once you have these IDs, you might always get a 100% match Wink

Good to know, thanks for the reply!
(2021-03-18, 21:29)mlaggner Wrote: well, just to re-fetch meta data for existing entities, you might just right click and choose "scrape meta data for selected movies" - there is no need to do a search
Thanks! That does work well for my movies... but that option isn't there for tv shows. Although there is a similar option to scrape for a particular show's episodes, I'm not seeing where you can scrape metadata for the show itself. Unless I'm missing something... the only way I found to update all 3 ratings sources for a tv show is to do another search & scrape.
(2021-03-19, 04:22)Cory1980 Wrote:
(2021-03-18, 21:29)mlaggner Wrote: well, just to re-fetch meta data for existing entities, you might just right click and choose "scrape meta data for selected movies" - there is no need to do a search
Thanks! That does work well for my movies... but that option isn't there for tv shows. Although there is a similar option to scrape for a particular show's episodes, I'm not seeing where you can scrape metadata for the show itself. Unless I'm missing something... the only way I found to update all 3 ratings sources for a tv show is to do another search & scrape.

Yes, I find search & scrape is the most reliable command for TV shows. Other commands have some flaws. For instance, download missing artwork ignores language preference setting.
Whenever I want to update some fields for TV shows, I use search & scrape force best match command with just a few fields selected just like scrape metadata command for movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping and Matching Question0