Picture Pan While Zoomed in
One of the missing features of XBMC Linux vs. XBMC Xbox is the ability to pan left/right,up/down while zoomed into pictures. This also affects comic viewing.
Unlike other keymap.xml action commands (ie; VolumeUp, VolumeDown) the only command for panning while zoomed is "AnalogMove".
For the XBOX this action is associated with the "leftthumbstick".

However for Ubuntu, Axis IDs are used that clearly indicate a separte action
<axis id="5" limit="-1">VolumeDown</axis>
<axis id="5" limit="+1">VolumeUp</axis>

Does there need to be new actions added for XBMC Linux to support panning of zoomed pictures?
or has anyone else found a way around this?
to clarify what I mean by new actions (X & Y axis)
AnalogMoveUp
AnalogMoveDown
AnalogMoveLeft
AnalogMoveRight
hi bionic,

i am having the same problem since i moved xbmc from xbox1 to a htpc with ubuntu (using a xbox360 wireless controller for windows with the xboxdrv). i've tried to set up something like this in the Keymap.xml:

<axis id="1" limit="-1">AnalogMove</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">AnalogMove</axis>

but it didn't bring the desired effect since it only moves the zoomed in view to one direction regardless in which direction i pull the analog stick

Separate Actions (as you mentioned) would be fine.

I notices that if i'm using my wireless keyboard i can move the zoomed area by pressing the directional keys on my keyboard (up down left right).
Maybe someone has a solution so that we can emulate these keystrokes on the left thumbstick axis.

regards
Gonzoe
I know this is an old post but I ended up altering the keymap to allow the d-pad to move the zoomed picture and used the back and start key to zoom in and out.

Just replace the <Slideshow> section of the keymap.xml with the following. This also zooms in and out on the Y axis of the right thumbstick but it's too sensitive and zooms in far too much. I'm working on reducing the sensitivity but I haven't figured out how. Hope this helps.

<SlideShow>
<joystick name="Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver)">
<button id="5">Pause</button>
<button id="6">Stop</button>
<button id="7">ZoomNormal</button>
<button id="8">Rotate</button>
<button id="9">Info</button>
<button id="10">CodecInfo</button>
<button id="11">ZoomOut</button>
<button id="12">ZoomIn</button>

<button id="1">Up</button>
<button id="2">Down</button>
<button id="3">Left</button>
<button id="4">Right</button>

<axis id="3" limit="-1">PreviousPicture</axis>
<axis id="3" limit="+1">NextPicture</axis>
<axis id="5" limit="+1">ZoomOut</axis>
<axis id="5" limit="-1">ZoomIn</axis>
</joystick>
</SlideShow>

(2010-10-04, 22:38)Gonzoe Wrote: hi bionic,

i am having the same problem since i moved xbmc from xbox1 to a htpc with ubuntu (using a xbox360 wireless controller for windows with the xboxdrv). i've tried to set up something like this in the Keymap.xml:

<axis id="1" limit="-1">AnalogMove</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1">AnalogMove</axis>

but it didn't bring the desired effect since it only moves the zoomed in view to one direction regardless in which direction i pull the analog stick

Separate Actions (as you mentioned) would be fine.

I notices that if i'm using my wireless keyboard i can move the zoomed area by pressing the directional keys on my keyboard (up down left right).
Maybe someone has a solution so that we can emulate these keystrokes on the left thumbstick axis.

regards
Gonzoe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Pan While Zoomed in0