• 1(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
This thread should be used to discuss improvements for the pvr section of xbmc.

You'll find all pending features/issues on github:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?labe...state=open
Nice , xbmc pvr skin could really use some love

- Please make option to disable radio, i never use it and i never will
-Make option to choose default group, like favourites. So we dont have to start with all tv channels
-Put epg description in timeline view with a small live tv box , something like this
-Maybe reduce size and move the small pop-up that comes up when you press a number on keyboard/remote like # 1. It´s uggly and right in your eye Blush
Note that to be accepted it should not become bloated by bells and whistles. Just keep it simple.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-10-06, 19:35)Martijn Wrote: Note that to be accepted it should not become bloated by bells and whistles. Just keep it simple.

yeah .. i keep it simple.
started a PULL https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3387
Cool this solves the most irretating thing in PVR the selection of a different channel group.
Sorry for the thread hyjack!

Well, here is my attempt at making the live tv section more user freindly and accessable.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174423

preview of the epg screen

Its been suggested in that thread that i try and replace the tv channels screen for the epg screen ive modified, so thats what i will try next which will hopefully solve some problems ive posted. Which includes, getting the picture in picture to play before going to fullscreen and getting group selection working within the epg. I will also try and add a button within the group selection on the epg for radio illiminating the need for the extra radio window we currently have.
This will keep everything accesible and on one screen similar to the sky uk epg system (which i think works very very well).

Anyway if we can help each other in any way that would be good, and i hope ive given you some good ideas to help implement.
My VU+ has different type of channel groups such as "Bouquets", "Providers" and "Satellite" currently I can only access "Bouquets" from within XBMC it would would be cool if the channel groups within XBMC would support hierarchy to have the possibility to display different channel type's.
(2013-10-06, 17:12)xhaggi Wrote: I'm working on improving some stuff for live tv section.

* no different between tv and radio channel window. You can select the type (tv/radio) from within the media menu.
* global channel group so every window (channel / epg) depends on it.
* DialogSelect to show all groups of the current selected type (tv/radio). It's a new button control and accessible from the media menu
Those are good improvements, thank you very much for working on this!

(2013-10-06, 19:06)Jönke Wrote: - Please make option to disable radio, i never use it and i never will
-Make option to choose default group, like favourites. So we dont have to start with all tv channels
-Put epg description in timeline view with a small live tv box , something like this
+1 as those are all great suggestions, and the mall EPG description in that example image does not look bloated too me

(2013-10-06, 19:06)Jönke Wrote: Image
I really like the addition of that small "HD" icon too to indicate High Definition channel / stream
many of the suggestions relating to changes in the skin (epg stuff) ... my changes are more related to the internal handling.
So be, but i think they do belong in standard xbmc skin Confluence. These are basic needs for most pvr users
I'm gonna chime in and say that any work toward improving the Confluence skin's PVR views is greatly appreciated!
(2013-10-06, 17:12)xhaggi Wrote: I'm working on improving some stuff for live tv section.

* no different between tv and radio channel window. You can select the type (tv/radio) from within the media menu.
* global channel group so every window (channel / epg) depends on it.
* DialogSelect to show all groups of the current selected type (tv/radio). It's a new button control and accessible from the media menu

It would be nice to get some feeback if this would improving things.

Hi xhaggi,

These are really good improvements. Channel group menu was on the top of my whish list.
I wonder how could your changes get into my openelec system.

I would like to propose some other improvements. I have a satellite system with huge number of availabale channels. Live TV does not really helps with handling them.

* sorting channels by name (and on other parameters)
* make possible to search for a channel name. There is a search function in Live TV however it searches only in EPG data. I would use XBMC generic search but it does not cover Live TV channels.
(2013-10-14, 13:20)sakos Wrote: Hi xhaggi,

These are really good improvements. Channel group menu was on the top of my whish list.
I wonder how could your changes get into my openelec system.

I would like to propose some other improvements. I have a satellite system with huge number of availabale channels. Live TV does not really helps with handling them.

* sorting channels by name (and on other parameters)
* make possible to search for a channel name. There is a search function in Live TV however it searches only in EPG data. I would use XBMC generic search but it does not cover Live TV channels.

Thank you .. there is no plan to add this for now.. sorry.
@sakos my last 2 build of OE which are posted on the openElec development forum have included xhaggi PR.

@xhaggi, I know I have no say but I agree with you. Your first implementation worked really well. I don't like the reinstated buttons!
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2013-10-14, 13:47)charlie0440 Wrote: @sakos my last 2 build of OE which are posted on the openElec development forum have included xhaggi PR.

@xhaggi, I know I have no say but I agree with you. Your first implementation worked really well. I don't like the reinstated buttons!

Unfortunately I need another custom OE build due to TBS DVB card drivers, and that build is based on official OE.
What is the issue with integrating these great improvements into official XBMC?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1