• 43(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
Currently Kodi has two types of channel list. One is the normal which is shown when the user enters into Live TV menu (normal channel list), the other is shown when TV reception is ongoing (OSD channel view). These two views have the contain the same information and have the same goal: select a channel. However the format and operation are different. I think this is a completely unnecessary redundancy and only confuses the users. The two views should be somehow merged into a generic channel view. Actually I prefer the OSD view.
Feature Wish:

"ListItem.TimeRemaining"  (MyPVRChannels.xml)  

Would be cool if it would be possible to show how long the currently Running TVShow runs thil it Ends. Currently we have "only" the Progressbar ("ListItem.Progress") and the Endtime ("ListItem.EndTime") to ge a idea how far a show is progressed, or how long it last thil it Ends / the next show starts. Having a value in Minutes how long the currently Running show wil last would imho. be cool.

(Hope i was able to descripe well inought the idea)

regards.
(2018-05-21, 21:34)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Feature Wish:

"ListItem.TimeRemaining"  (MyPVRChannels.xml)  

Would be cool if it would be possible to show how long the currently Running TVShow runs thil it Ends. Currently we have "only" the Progressbar ("ListItem.Progress") and the Endtime ("ListItem.EndTime") to ge a idea how far a show is progressed, or how long it last thil it Ends / the next show starts. Having a value in Minutes how long the currently Running show wil last would imho. be cool.

(Hope i was able to descripe well inought the idea)

regards.

Leia:

PVR.EpgEventRemainingTime(mins)

If no epg available for the running show (!VideoPlayer.HasEpg), use Player.TimeRemaining(mins)
Thanks a bunch!
Use IPTV Simple PVR client daily

Improvements suggested:
  1. Automatically reload the channel-list/file when activating or re-configuring the addon.
    1. Scenario: Change the .m3u file defined in addon and press OK - The file does start to load, but the TV channel-list does not change at all
      1. Workaround: Go to Settings PVR live tv settings and click reset - then the M3U files gets
  2. Recording functionality for IPTV Simple PVR client - See another fork spawn with the functionality............pity it's not officially merged!
  3. LiveTV Timeshift! - Mediaportal have had this for more than 5 years........Love the pause functionality!
  4. Support VOD in the M3U playlist
  5. Auto Lookup channel Logoes from central repo! - Mediaportal had an addon for it.......Many options already out there.
  6. Auto lookup EPG from a central server......
    1. And add an option for hiding the EPG Loading! SOOOOO annoying to see the loading popup EVERY time Kodi is started! Just show me the EPG-info when it is available! What value does the progres actually bring!?!
/M
@msj33

All of those suggestions are for the iptv simple client this is the general pvr improvement section. Your request should be in the iptv simple client area as some of the other clients have those suggestions. Request #4 is the only one that I don’t know if it is possible but I believe it is.
I don't know if this is the right section for this FR...
Regarding recording thumbnails (if provided by backend) it would be great to also have them for virtual folders (maybe just use the most recent one).

This would make things look way more pleasent when dealing with many recordings and having them grouped in folders...
ChannelGroup Manager->

Requests/Ideas in short:

ChannelGroupManagerDialog -> "selectedcolor" for selected groups + "disabledcolor" for disabled groups  + move group position buttons.).

----------
Currently the selected Channelgroup item (in List id="13" in "DialogPVRChannelManager.xml") isnt highlighted (doesnt make use of "<selectedColor>")

Would imho. be nice if the selected ChannelGroup-Item also would show the selected-color.

(lets say i open the channelGroupManager right from the Settings, and "click"/select the Group "HD" in List id="13", now on the right side i see the hidden and the visible channels from this Group, but have almost non visual indication which group i am editing. Now it would be nice to have a visual indicator which channelGroup is shown. therefore it would imho. be nice to set the selected item in List id="13" as selected.

xml:

<control type="label">
        <height>36</height>
        <font>Font36</font>
        <textcolor>TextColor1</textcolor>  <!-- DialogTextColor1 -->
        <disabledcolor>DisabledColor</disabledcolor>
        <selectedcolor>SelectedColor</selectedcolor>
    </control>

------------
Second request: (Not that important to me personaly but guess could be a nice addition)

Would be Nice if there (in "DialogPVRChannelManager.xml") would be Buttons to rearange the different channelgroups (move-up selected Channelgroup, move-down selected Channelgroup)

mfG.

EDIT:
quick sketch:

EDIT2:

if "HiddenChannelGroups" would get the "<disabledcolor>" would be cool to. (Dont see currently a visual indicator for the Hiddeen Groups in the ChannelgroupManager.)
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1