• 16(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
@negge
Can you add this in all *.cpp and *.h then compile to xbmc and send me a link Huh?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/xbmc/epg

I think more then 1% people use this epg.xml, but maybe 99 %of this people dont know what all details have they epg.xml
If you take epg with program some like web grab,You have this details...But you can see on XBMC...I can,but I want more

@advocate99
of course you agree,that's your job Smile

(2014-04-10, 17:18)da-anda Wrote: @Angelinas

"sActor varchar(128)" doesn't make any sense in your current proposal. There can be more than one actor, so you need a database relation to the actors table instead. Same with director/writer (I assume there can be more then one) maybe.

What's the "groupLogo" supposed to store, or what is it used for? Logo/Icon of a channel group? If so, this is not related to the EPG entry but the channel group.

And what's "sub-title" supposed to contain? The episode title? The database scheme inside XBMC has to be generic and not specific to one particular PVR backend - so it would be nice if you could explain what those fields will contain and we can come up with suitable name or DB structure.
Soryy I write replay didnt see post
For actor ,director writer ,ok I dont know put the more then one colon( for excample actor 1,actor 2 actor 3...director1,director2,writer1,writer2)
forget the grouplogo put sprare (free choise of author of PVR)
sub-title is original name of movies (I have title on Serbian "Monstrumi" sub-title will be from epg "Monsters (2010)")later I will use this string to take subtitle or info from imdb
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I've moved your original thread to the pvr development forum.
please use this thread for future discussions
Sorry @xhaggi, just want to clarify:
What Angelinas is basicly asking for is if xbmc-team could add extra epg-database fields. Fields that are common in xmltv files.
We do know that over 90% of all pvr-addons do not use external xmltv to fetch epg, epg is provided by their backend (which perhaps uses it's own xmltv feed to get the epg but is stored differently).

There is only one pvr-addon (that I know of) that provides EPG via a external .xml file (xmltv), and that is "IPTV Simple", but it's not a real backend, just a pvr-addon letting you watch internet-streams\iptv-channels.

So it's a feature request to include more xmltv-friendly fields into xbmc epg-db.
I don't know what those other fields are, but it would be nice to include the <icon src=""> from the xmltv files. This field could be used to display show-art\posters for programmes in xbmc (up to the skinner ofc).
I've asked the author of Iptv simple to add icon url to the "plotOutline" field (because he is not using it), so we'll see.
Smile
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
We did not rejected this feature request, but it's not on my priority list because as you pointed out, only one pvr-addon will benefit from it.
If we talking about extending xbmc epg support from backend.
I would really like to see episode and season info in xbmc epg.
Tvheadend has the info but xbmc wont pick it up.
Without that info its hard to record tvseries from xbmc.
Thanks @Jönke ,finaly finally someone who understands me

All of PVR will benefit from this add in DB,all of sources xml have more info on they EPG just XBMC cant show becose DB is limited with info.
Afther that authors must add in they PVR,what will his PVR take from db,and finaly skin-freeks input they info set what we see on our monitors/TV.
I sugestid some excamples,other will propose diferent.....for PVR this is only one idea for improvments (for better looking and information)

You create rules !!!
You can come up with suitable name in DB structure.
Hope you got vison like me,this will be fuuuuul

Tvheadend +1
SimpleIPTV +1

I expect that other users of PVR to write in this treed does their sources EPG have more info, than the current info is visible in XBMC

@Maniac I solved this you know. This compiled version with this changes
SimpleIPTV 1.9.3 change PlotOutline
if this forbiden I will delete this
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
This thread reminded me of a discussion we had before, but unless the backend puts in blank data, XBMC will not display channels with no EPG data in timeline view. There are pluses and minuses for that, but I think an option to force channels with no EPG to display in timeline view would benefit a lot of users.
These are some of the suggestions for improving I apologise if some of these have already been discussed consider it as a vote

One Click recording without any additional dialogs, Two Clicks for series recordings and another click to cancel.

Ability to set up channel favourites

Plus/Minus 12 or 24 hours on the timeline

Ability to map a button so you can from timeline display all programs on channel selected.

Ability to start live tv using a button or from home menu.

Thank you for the great work so far
(2014-04-10, 22:36)Angelinas Wrote: ...
@Maniac I solved this you know. This compiled version with this changes
SimpleIPTV 1.9.3 change PlotOutline

Ah this is sweet! Works like a charm Smile Thanks
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Hi there - I have a request related to improving navigation of the EPG. I am using XBMC as my front-end for live TV w/ digital cable and have 500+ channels.

When I bring up the EPG, it would be nice if I can enter in "2-0-0" and it would jump down in the EPG to channel 200 instead of having to page down/scroll to that channel. Is this possible? I've tried this using my keyboard and remote to enter a channel number within the EPG, but it doesn't seem like XBMC will jump to the channel you select in the EPG. The only way to "quickly" navigate the EPG is using the page up/down keys or up/down arrows..

Is there a configuration change needed on my side to enable this? or is the only way to navigate within the EPG to scoll up/down or page up/down? Can this usability improvement be added to a future XBMC release?

Thanks!
is there any chance that "Maniac's" great modified "channels osd" (for aeon skins)come to the standart confluence skin? this is the same epg like a dreambox has and the most comfortable way for fast navigation through tv-program (left/right changes the faforites/bouquets and you can read the whole epg description.
you can't do this in any of the pvr views except in fullscreen while watching a channel. so the only way to jump to your channels is using the (page) up/down keys.
(2014-04-30, 15:05)Ed76 Wrote: is there any chance that "Maniac's" great modified "channels osd" (for aeon skins)come to the standart confluence skin? this is the same epg like a dreambox has and the most comfortable way for fast navigation through tv-program (left/right changes the faforites/bouquets and you can read the whole epg description.

+1 from me also. If you ever used E2 and especially black hole roms in VU it's the best.
There's no substitute for experience
(2014-04-30, 15:06)xhaggi Wrote: you can't do this in any of the pvr views except in fullscreen while watching a channel. so the only way to jump to your channels is using the (page) up/down keys.

Is this a limitation with how the current PVR code is laid out or is it a limitation with the skinning engine used in XBMC? I've been asking for this functionality for some time as it'll allows me to quickly navigate through my EPG of 600+ channels (why do the cable companys in the US require to have so many channels). Channel groups will work but the currrent skin I am using does not have the channel group views coded yet.

I think this is a basic function implemented in all industry cable boxes that is missing in XBMC
@xhaggi: i mean a type of view where you have channel list, can change your channel groups by pressing left/right and you can read simultaneously the complete epg descreption of the programs. please have a look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192197 , there are some pictures called "channel osd", "channel osd2" .....
thats what i mean. there is a channel osd in confluence that works the same but there is no epg descreption (there is one but i have for every descreption to press a button on my remote, much to uncomfortable).
maybe it is possible to ad such an "advanced channel osd" to confluence (besides tho normal channel osd) and the user can choose in the options witch one he likes moore?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1