• 30(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
I thougt it was, i have TV on home menu and not live TV. Radio is also gone from "sideblade"

Xbmc 14 alpha 1 git d365123
could you please open a new thread as this sound like a bug and we don't spam every user which subscribed to this thread.
I have another suggestion: when you open the OSD Guide for the channel, could pressing left or right open the OSD guide for the previous/next channel (without switching to that channel)? Like how on the channel OSD you can press left or right and it lets you browse through groups.
I have been trying to migrate the skin PVR to use the new shortcuts it is not going very well but discovered that timers give me no results I have checked confluence and it is the same no results.
(2014-07-31, 00:57)cyrils Wrote: I have another suggestion: when you open the OSD Guide for the channel, could pressing left or right open the OSD guide for the previous/next channel (without switching to that channel)? Like how on the channel OSD you can press left or right and it lets you browse through groups.

for this you could use the EPG window instead Wink
(2014-07-31, 01:42)denz Wrote: I have been trying to migrate the skin PVR to use the new shortcuts it is not going very well but discovered that timers give me no results I have checked confluence and it is the same no results.

could you please give us a little bit more details of what's the issue? do you mean use ActivateWindow(TVGuide) instead of the old ActivateWindowAndFocus(31, xxxx)
Oh sorry xhaggi I should have explained better. What I meant to say the window ActivateWindow(TVTimers) does not populate for some reason it is blank even though there are timers.

To reproduce create a timer then go to Live TV timer submenu there should be the timer you have just created but it is not there.
(2014-07-30, 21:54)xhaggi Wrote: could you please open a new thread as this sound like a bug and we don't spam every user which subscribed to this thread.
wouldn't it in general be better to create separate threads for feature requests to more easily keep track of a certain request? Collecting ideas in here and discuss a bit is fine, but who knows what has been suggested on page 14 f.e.? Just a suggestion.
Da-anda maybe a sticky with requests ?
And someone (you Smile ) can edit first post with all request ??
there is a sticky with requests
(2014-07-31, 10:47)denz Wrote: Oh sorry xhaggi I should have explained better. What I meant to say the window ActivateWindow(TVTimers) does not populate for some reason it is blank even though there are timers.

To reproduce create a timer then go to Live TV timer submenu there should be the timer you have just created but it is not there.

this should be fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5120
sorry for the noise, missed that sticky. All good Smile
(2014-07-31, 09:56)xhaggi Wrote:
(2014-07-31, 00:57)cyrils Wrote: I have another suggestion: when you open the OSD Guide for the channel, could pressing left or right open the OSD guide for the previous/next channel (without switching to that channel)? Like how on the channel OSD you can press left or right and it lets you browse through groups.

for this you could use the EPG window instead Wink

Big Grin The EPG takes up a lot of the screen, it's nice to have a fast, compact alternative that still allows you to view whatever's playing. I know of skins that can put the currently playing video in a small PIP style window when in full EPG view, but that's not as good a solution.
sure but something like this has a very low priority for us.
(2014-07-16, 13:15)negge Wrote:
(2014-07-16, 01:59)Talguy Wrote: I just downloaded the 6/14/14 nightly to test out the navigate EPG and channel list by keying in a value with the numpad feature and it works. Great work xhaggi.

I do have one suggestion to make this even better and more like the industry settop boxes. I noticed that when I keyed in 1000 in the epg and channel view it never navigated since the channel 1000 doesn't exist in my channel list. Usually the settop boxes I get from comcast or verizon will navigate to the closest channel to the one the user keyed in. I wonder can we get this functionality included into helix also.

The way I can see doing this is if a user types in a channel number that doesn't exist in the channel list the software will search the channel list to find where two channels that exist in the list which the keyed in channel falls between. Then the software calculates which channel the keyed in value is closer to using some math and navigates to that channel in the EPG/Channel List. If the two channels are the same distance from the keyed in channel that doesn't exist then navigate to the lower numbered channel and the user can always press the direction key to get to the channel that were desiring.

This same logic could be used for switching channels to play when a live tv stream is currently playing. i.e. if I'm watching the cooking channel and I want to change the channel to CNN I key in the channel number using the numpad but I mistakenly was off by one channel. So using the above logic XBMC figures out what channel is closest to the value I keyed in and starts playing that channel.

Just and idea that would make using the live tv feature even more user friendly.

@xhaggi what are your thoughts on this? I'm not sure I like it, a wrong number is a wrong number IMO. Doing magic may just confuse the user.

(2014-07-16, 14:21)xhaggi Wrote: i agree, some hidden calculation which is not clear for the end-user is more confusing as do nothing, if the number does not exists.

I did some testing in Windows Media Center 7 this weekend. WMC allows to navigate the EPG by entering in a channel number. This feature you already implemented. It also allows you to type in a channel number that doesn't exist. When a user does this WMC will take the user to the entry of the lowest channel of the two channels the entered number falls between. If WMC is currently playing a live TV channel and the user wants to switch to another channel by entering a channel number, WMC will only tune to valid channel entries (channel numbers that exist in the EPG/Channels list). It will not perform the same logic when navigating the EPG via typing a channel.

I still would really like to see this feature implemented as its would bring XBMC's PVR functionality closer to being an equivalent to WMC's functionality.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1