• 32(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
From what I'm experiencing, right now XBMC 13.2 will contact the PVR backend PC (issuing a WOL packet if needed) when it's opened to download the latest EPG, even if Live TV is not used during that session of XBMC. However, if the PVR backend PC falls asleep before you actually want to watch Live TV, XBMC won't issue a WOL packet to the PVR backend PC when Live TV is actually accessed.

So I could open up XBMC to watch a movie and it will wake up the PC to get the latest EPG data (causing unnecessary spin up/down and wear and tear on the PVR PC's hard drives, as well as unnecessary power consumption) and then after the movie is done go into Live TV but XBMC won't wake up the PVR PC when I actually need it to. The logical thing to do, which would fix both of these problems, would be to only access the PVR backend PC when necessary and ensure that a WOL packet is sent to it when actually accessed. I'm not sure if this is already being worked on, as I am using Gotham 13.2.
A couple of questions/suggestions.

In the picture above, you will notice the time shown above the EPG grid is not in the correct place. It also seems to always change position. Is their anyway to make it static?

When I scroll through the EPG it advances by 1hour every time. Can it be made to advance by only half an hour?

The EPG description of channels with very little time or at the end of the EPG grid end up cutting the program title name off. Or in some instances it scrolls, which is very hard to see fast scrolling text in such a small box and imo makes it look messy.
Are we able to just put an I (for information) in the box or something, so when we scroll over the program it will still show in the text box at the top as normal, or we can press info (if mapped) this also brings up information of the current program.

Can the corners of the EPG Grid be rounded instead of square?

I put this here because I cant find ways to edit these, so im guessing its a hard coded issue and not a skinning issue.

Cheers.
Is it possible to add support for audio stream preferences for pvr. Selecting english for example in the video settings for the preferred audio stream language doesnt always work for live tv. Meaning some channels default to the narrative/ audio for the blind. You can manually go into each channel and save your audio preference but you want to go through that all again if you had a new xbmc setup.

In enigma2 when i used to use it years ago you could list your audio preferences and it would try these first if they were available. If there is something already like this in advanced settings please let me know!
There are settings for default audio track in settings somewhere, I think those are used, otherwise the first audio track is selected. You can also try opening the OSD audio settings dialog, change audio track to English (or whatever language you want) then choose "Set as default for all movies".
Are there any plans to make XBMC aware of 'growing' recordings ?

Eg. If I start watching a program that is still recording, then skip forward through adverts, I sometimes 'catch' the end of the recording (the length that was known when I started playback) - The only way to watch further into the recording is to stop and start playback again, then skip back to where I got to..

It would be great if XBMC was aware of the fact that the file was growing and recalculated the 'remaining' time every 5 seconds or so..

Oh also, it would be great to trigger a 'Delete Recording?' prompt when pressing stop if you have watched say 95% of the current recording Smile
@negge/xhaggi are you thinking of syncing position in all pvr windows, both channel and epg list ? So the marker is always the same as current channel.
Yes, I believe it's done already in master.
(2014-09-14, 10:21)negge Wrote: There are settings for default audio track in settings somewhere, I think those are used, otherwise the first audio track is selected. You can also try opening the OSD audio settings dialog, change audio track to English (or whatever language you want) then choose "Set as default for all movies".

Unfortunately setting default doesn't always seem to work as sometimes the unknown audio track is still selected first.
Could be that it has been fixed recently, there were some changes to how streams were handled during a channel switch.
(2014-09-16, 18:15)negge Wrote: Yes, I believe it's done already in master.

Not in Raspberry pi build from yesteday.
Marker is only synced between pvr home menu and timeline epg.
Not synced if you change channel with +- or numbers or on screen channel list and then open timeline epg
it's only in sync between pvr windows not between channel osd (dialog).
Ok but do you plan to fix that ?

I think it would make sense if you open epg timeline from live tv the marker should start on current running channel.
That is how my tvbox do it Smile
I also think the OSD switcher should share the same selected item as the rest of the windows.
please consider that we remember the last selected item and share this position between the windows. this has the advantage that you are able to browse the epg then switch to fullscreen to watch something and switch back to epg and continue browsing. i agree that syncing the selected item between all places makes sense, but what should we select if we open the osd or windows (epg, channels)?
My choice would be sync to current running channel in first place but remeber last position in epg if not channel has changed.

Example

-Tv1 running and open timeline epg , sync to TV1 epg
-Change to Tv2 and open timeline epg , sync to TV2 epg
-Tv 2 running and open timeline epg and move marker to Tv 6 with out changing channel (Tv 2 still running) then close epg and back to full screen live tv and then open epg timeline again it should still be on Tv6.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1