• 34(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
Some good suggestions for EPG layout here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=205467
I request that the pvr addon have the ability to set the view start time of a live tv stream.

Background: our addon provides a live stream by streaming a ts file to kodi that we a building on the fly from tuner output. When a second client system wants to view the same channel, rather than use another tuner, we obviously want them to view the ts file we are already streaming. However the current pvr interface doesn't provide a way to tell kodi the start time of the stream - it always starts at the beginning - so the second user starts viewing the 'live' stream at the same point the first user started it, so it is time shifted.

I'm sure other pvr solutions would benefit from this simple addition.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Interesting idea, certainly sounds valid. It's not needed for tvheadend/vdr but I guess that's no excuse.
I tried to hack it in by seeking the stream in one of the methods the addon can respond to (ReadLiveStream()) but the complications of the stream being analysed once for descriptors then started from 0 again for actual playback made it messy and it didn't always work, so we ended up having to have a separate file for each client viewing the stream (but at least only tie up one tuner)

As krusty says, being able to specify start position in the OpenFile() call would definitely be better. The actual logic exists in XBMC since its used for resume functionality etc , it's just not exposed/provided to PVR addons
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Try taking a look at the Mediaportal addon - I use that and don't ever recall having an issue when someone starts the same channel in another room, it always loads from the 'live' point.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is also using .ts files.
looking at the code they are using their own TsReader class, whereas we are using the builtin XBMC->OpenFile() XBMC->ReadFile() etc. As mentioned above I did try to use XBMC->SeekFile() to jump to the required position in an existing TS file (not the first time we see it called which is descriptor parsing but 2nd time which is actual playback occuring) however it didn't always work reliably (perhaps the crude hack to set the seek position the 1nd time I see ReadLiveStream called with a 0 position was not covering all scenarios, etc). Being able to set a custom start position for the OpenFile() call would be really good
-Please add info pop up in live tv view when stopping a recording from record button on mce remote. Like it is now you don´t know if its recording or not
(2014-10-02, 20:55)Jönke Wrote: -Please add info pop up in live tv view when stopping a recording from record button on mce remote. Like it is now you don´t know if its recording or not

I've added this to our TODO.
I use the dvbviewer plugin - satellite comes via a pci card on a server which isn't always on. I have xbmc on a variety of devices, and the pvr function is just fantastic (only been using it for about 3 months).
From my perspective, though, it would be better if there was a 'stealth' option.
At the moment if I turn on xbmc I get the 'pvr not connected' warning message and beeps if my server's not on. The only way I've found to get around that is to configure a wol when xbmc starts, so the server wakes and I only get one or two beeps. That's okay if I'm at home - if I'm not (eg using a tablet outside my home wifi - the most common situation is my son watching a film in the car) then I have to disable pvr.
Similarly there are notifications - channels / epg info - that appear on the homescreen when the pvr does kick in - I don't see that as particularly helpful (mostly it's not being switched on to watch tv), maybe a simple 'pvr started' message would be a useful option?
Neither of these are huge issues for me - I can just disable pvr, not a big thing - but I think giving an option to remove the notifications, or to only run them when 'Live TV' is clicked, would make things more spouse / child / grumpy-old-git friendly.
Or maybe those options already exist and I've missed something simple. Wouldn't be the first time. I've checked the 'Do not show connection lost' box but can't see anything else that seems to fit the bill.
And just to repeat - I think the pvr function is brilliant, these are fairly minor niggles!
A couple of questions/suggestions :

- A simple way to exit timeshifting. On a tv, you just have to press stop for exit timeshifting. On XBMC, when you use the timeshift, if you press stop, you stop the tuner. A simpler method would be that when I use the timeshift, if i press a first time stop, xbmc stop timeshift, then if i press a second time stop, it stop the video. Or using a dedicaced button.

- Having a way to remind on my phone, tablet or pc that i have a show who is going to start, like 5 min before the show start.
(2014-10-03, 23:25)trogggy Wrote: I use the dvbviewer plugin - satellite comes via a pci card on a server which isn't always on. I have xbmc on a variety of devices, and the pvr function is just fantastic (only been using it for about 3 months).
From my perspective, though, it would be better if there was a 'stealth' option.
At the moment if I turn on xbmc I get the 'pvr not connected' warning message and beeps if my server's not on. The only way I've found to get around that is to configure a wol when xbmc starts, so the server wakes and I only get one or two beeps. That's okay if I'm at home - if I'm not (eg using a tablet outside my home wifi - the most common situation is my son watching a film in the car) then I have to disable pvr.
Similarly there are notifications - channels / epg info - that appear on the homescreen when the pvr does kick in - I don't see that as particularly helpful (mostly it's not being switched on to watch tv), maybe a simple 'pvr started' message would be a useful option?
Neither of these are huge issues for me - I can just disable pvr, not a big thing - but I think giving an option to remove the notifications, or to only run them when 'Live TV' is clicked, would make things more spouse / child / grumpy-old-git friendly.
Or maybe those options already exist and I've missed something simple. Wouldn't be the first time. I've checked the 'Do not show connection lost' box but can't see anything else that seems to fit the bill.
And just to repeat - I think the pvr function is brilliant, these are fairly minor niggles!
you can disable "connection lost" messages from popping up, look under the system->PVR options. At least then it wont bug you when the backend is down or uncontactable
(2014-10-04, 04:04)scarecrow420 Wrote: you can disable "connection lost" messages from popping up, look under the system->PVR options. At least then it wont bug you when the backend is down or uncontactable
Thanks Scarecrow. That was my first port of call - doesn't stop the beeps unfortunately. I've tried on fresh installs under windows, android, openelec - no difference.
So just to confirm - the 'do not show 'connection lost warnings' option should stop all the warnings?
In which case this looks like a plug-in issue...

Edit:
I tried a new installation - Gotham 13.2 - and tested with DVB-Link and DVB-viewer. Both of them with default settings and no server available. The DVB-Link plug-in presumably does what's intended... one message / beep and then silence. The dvb-viewer plugin keeps repeating the messages / beeps, so there's obviously a problem there. I'd still say, though, that a 'stealth' option - no messages at all if selected - would be a nice feature. If pvr is the primary use then obviously a notification might help, but 90% of the time I'm not switching on to watch the telly, so it's just a (minor) nuisance. Also if starting xbmc / kodi also starts a server via wol then presumably you'll get the 'no-connection' notification because the server isn't ready immediately IYSWIM. It just doesn't look as polished as it could.
Anyway - off to the dvbviewer thread, thanks again Scarecrow.
Some kind of TV logo manager would be pretty cool.

Its hard work having to manually download and use a web interface to link them all.

I only mention this as a I saw media portal introduced a new logo manager service recently.
XBMC will use icons configured in the backend, so if the backend has some bulk icon manager that's all you need.
Hi folks,

I would like to trigger again the discussion about "setting different keyboard/remote mappings for different pvr windows", see #129 here.

I would really love to see this feature being added... Nod

Best regards
Diddle.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1