Unresponsive GUI, but not frozen
I installed RaspBMC 3 days ago using the python script on Linux. I installed it onto an external hard driver.

I have an IR keyboard that I use to control it but I'm having a weird problem starting today (10/6/2013)

The GUI stops responding to the keyboard. I can SSH in and using top I can see I have plenty of free memory, hitting num lock or caps lock will light up the appropriate light on my receiver, but the gui will not respond.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Do you use CEC?
If not, disable it in Settings - System - Input devices - Peripherals - CEC
If you are using it, disable pretty much everything except the enable option.

I have also seen issues with certain screen savers, so disable that if disabling CEC should not work.
I do not use CEC but I have a chicken and an egg problem with your suggestion I fear ;-)

How can I use the keyboard to browse to that settings when the keyboard locks up?

Also, when I reboot just now to try and get to the settings when the GUI closed and I saw the closing line writes at the very top I saw a bunch of [B [A [D [C which I recognize as arrow key presses.

Wouldn't that imply that raspBMC is loosing the focus somehow?
Ah, sorry. I thought it locked up when it went to "sleep".
Syslog and debug xbmc.log might help, and you might get more help at the Raspbmc forum.

I know it´s not recommended, but have you tried unplugging and plug it in again?
Also, what keyboard do you use?
(2013-10-06, 22:10)miappa Wrote: and you might get more help at the Raspbmc forum.

I know it´s not recommended, but have you tried unplugging and plug it in again?
Also, what keyboard do you use?

Awkward, I got my browser windows mixed up, I though I *was* posting on the Raspbmc board! Blush

Which really explains why I couldn't find this thread on their forums to post that I did get the issue resolved yesterday. I tried to do a shutdown with XBMC on RaspBMC (and was quite surprised to find that it does a reboot instead Confused ) But sshing in and issuing a sudo halt fixed that right up after which yes, unpugging it and plugging it back in seemed to have fixed things and it's operating like normal, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unresponsive GUI, but not frozen0