AMD Sound HDMI 5.1
Question 
Hello,

I’m a little bit confused about my Problem... I tried to find a solution myself but after reading several forums I can’t understand it so I try to give you as much Info ass possible

My System Setup:
P8Z77-V LK, Mainboard
Core™ i5-3570K, CPU
DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
Radeon HD 7750 Ultimate
Ubuntu 12.10 up to date

AVR: Onkyo NR-525
TV: Panasonic Plasma TV

AMD Driver:
dmesg | grep fglrx | grep module
fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. © 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel.
[fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 9.0.2 [Sep 20 2012] with 1 minors

First of all because of my Problems I tried to install Windows on that machine with XBMC and I can confirm that all my Hardware is working as it should Audio wise (unfortunatly I couldn't get my CS working in combination with my Datelite cards under Windows Sad so back to Linux

My main Problem is I downloaded a test file from Dolby directly to test my Speaker setup
http://download.dolby.com/Content_Downlo...Check.m2ts

I can hear the left, front and right cannel but the surround channel is “mapped” to the front speakers there all began I tried different combinations inside xbmc for the audio but with no success

I didn’t question the file because it’s from the official dolby site so I suppose it’s ok and under windows/xbmc it was working!
But after several hours of trial and error I moved on and tried other files strangely with different results!

From the site: http://www.demo-world.eu I downloaded a file called wmv_surround_test.vob
And it was working! At that point I was absolutely confused and angry loosing that much time Wink

So I tried different movies in different formats an my AVR switched correctly to ex. DTS (red light was on) so I was also sure the pass-through worked otherwise my AVR couldn’t find the stream? Am I right? Only thing not working is DTS-MA (but that’s normal what I was reading)

So what is the problem with my setup configuration that the simple testfile doensn’t play correctly ?
I was investing a lot of money in my complete setup and I want it to work like it should Wink
Thank you in advance for any help
AMD released hda specs exactly 2 weeks ago. Until then only 2 channel audio was possible (this includes dts and ac3) on linux. To get HD Audio working, you need a recent kernel >= 3.10 and _manually_ apply the relevant HDA patch.

As your fglrx driver won't compile for this late kernel, you are doomed - in the sense of: you have to do a whole lot manual work.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So when i understand u my System is working in a normal way ?

why is there a diffrence in those 2 files ?

So what is the solution ? upgrade kernel or moving to 13.04
where can i find Infos about the patching the files ?

thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Sound HDMI 5.10