Pre-built HTPC recommendation
Hello,

Looking to enter the world of XBMC but want some suggestions for an HTPC. Given my lack of experience in building computers, pre-built is the route I'm going for.
What I need:
- Windows OS
- Able to play up to 1080p encodes from Handbrake (5GB - 10GB)
- Able to stream Netflix, Youtube, etc...
- Light gaming every now and then (older games and roms)
- Small footprint.

Thinking of a NUC (perhaps once the new Haswell processors come out so 23.976 plays perfectly), but I'm open to suggestions.
I've looked at websites like ecosmartpc or assassinshtpc, but they seem like overkill for what I need.

Thanks in advance!
NUC will be fine but honestly, look more into building one. Nobody starts with a bunch of experience, you'll probably find that it is really rather easy and worth the time and effort. If you really have your mind set on not attempting to build one then the NUC or the Lenovo Q180's are pretty popular for this as well. Good luck.
I actually can see his point of view, a small lowe power htpc is not cheap to build and with things like IR integration it can get tricky.
Based on what you want to do, what did you find about something like the E-i5 Intel barebones that is overkill? This could be fitted out with a Haswell processor/motherboard. For light gaming HTPCs like these, the i3-3225 has been the most popular build.
(2013-10-09, 01:35)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Based on what you want to do, what did you find about something like the E-i5 Intel barebones that is overkill? This could be fitted out with a Haswell processor/motherboard. For light gaming HTPCs like these, the i3-3225 has been the most popular build.

I'll email for a proper quote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-built HTPC recommendation0